- 18 November 2013: Elections open for the Wikimedia Australia 2013 Annual General Meeting.
- 20 July 2013: Watch this Wikimedia Foundation Metrics meeting youtube video (about 1 hour) which is a series of presentations on the state of Wikipedia and new initiatives introduced to address areas of concern, such as editor attrition -- very informative! Agenda and some slidepacks available here
- 17 July 2013: The World Intellectual Property Organisation has established a treaty which seeks to ensure that copyright is not a barrier to translating books etc into formats suitable for visually impaired people and to allow these to be shared across national boundaries (to avoid having to repeat the translation in each country). It is expected that this will increase the range of material available for visually impaired people worldwide. Read more!
Wikimedia Australia is always seeking new members. Membership is only A$20 a year and allows you to have a greater impact on the Wikimedia movement in Australia and shape the future of our organisation.
You may be an active participant on one of the Wikimedia projects, or maybe you'd like to know more about how to get involved in one – whatever your background or experience, we're here to help.
You can read more about becoming a member, and signing up, on this page.
Non-members can still request an account to edit this wiki.
- Sunday 6nd April: Wikimedia Australia holds a public meeting, with online participation in the Australian IRC channel #wikimedia-au. Everyone is welcome to join and take part in discussions related to the chapter. Time: 4pm AEDST
- Saturday 8th March Toodyay bus trip departing Midland
- Sunday 4th May regular Perth meetup to held in Toodyay 1:30 pm