Welcome to Wikimedia Australia
Wikimedia Australia, Inc.® is an independent, registered charitable organisation, recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation as an official chapter. Our aim is to promote participation on Wikimedia projects and the equality of opportunity to access and participate in the collaborative creation of Free Cultural Works in Australia. You can read more about us here.
- Dr who? Campaign to boost digital profile of Australia's female scientists, Sydney Morning Herald, 27 July 2014
- Wikibomb to boost online role models for women scientists, Life Scientist, 28 July 2014
- Women scientists work to right wrongs with Wikibomb, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Gang-gang: Wikipedia bombers plot to promote women in science, Canberra Times, 14 August 2014
- Online activists use Wikibomb to give greater recognition to work of female scientists on Wikipedia, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Mater Researchers part of Australia’s first Wikibomb, Mater Research, 26 August 2014
- Australian female scientists embrace the Wikibomb, veski, 15 August 2014
- TRI researchers join Australia's first Wikibomb, Translational Research Institute
Wikimedia Australia is always seeking new members. Membership is only A$10 a year and allows you to have a greater impact on the Wikimedia movement in Australia and shape the future of our organisation.
You may be an active participant on one of the Wikimedia projects, or maybe you'd like to know more about how to get involved in one – whatever your background or experience, we're here to help.
You can read more about becoming a member, and signing up, on this page.
Non-members can still request an account to edit this wiki.
« See past events