Difference between revisions of "2008-2009 AGM/Minutes"

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(first draft)
 
(update)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Minutes: Brianna
+
Start: 1.05pm AEDST, 11/1/2009.
1.05pm
 
  
1. Attendance
+
Minutes: [[User:pfctdayelise|Brianna Laugher]].
MELB
 
Stephen Bain (RO)
 
Brian Salter-Duke
 
Brianna Laugher (minutes)
 
Michael Billington (oberving)
 
BRISBANE
 
James Recchi
 
Craig Franklin (RO)
 
Lloyd Nguyen
 
Pru Mitchell
 
SYDNEY
 
Angela Beesley
 
Tim Starling
 
Peter Markham (RO)
 
Liam Wyatt
 
Sam Granleese
 
Nick Jenkins
 
IRC
 
Charles
 
Chris Mann
 
Nathan Carter
 
Gideon Digby
 
Mark Hurd
 
Andrew Owens
 
Sarah Ewart
 
Peter Jeremy
 
John Vandenberg
 
  
APOLOGIES
+
==Attendance==
Chris Sherlock
+
; MELB
Mark Ryan
+
: Stephen Bain (RO)
 +
: Brian Salter-Duke
 +
: Brianna Laugher (minutes)
 +
: Michael Billington (oberving)
 +
;BRIS
 +
:James Recchi
 +
:Craig Franklin (RO)
 +
:Lloyd Nguyen
 +
:Pru Mitchell
 +
;SYDNEY
 +
:Angela Beesley
 +
:Tim Starling
 +
:Peter Markham (RO)
 +
:Liam Wyatt
 +
:Sam Granleese
 +
:Nick Jenkins
 +
;IRC
 +
:Charles Gregory
 +
:Chris Mann
 +
:Nathan Carter
 +
:Gideon Digby
 +
:Mark Hurd
 +
:Andrew Owens
 +
:Sarah Ewart
 +
:Peter Jeremy
 +
:John Vandenberg
  
PROXIES
+
;APOLOGIES
None
+
:Chris Sherlock
 +
:Mark Ryan
 +
 
 +
;PROXIES
 +
:None
 +
 
 +
== Thanks==
 +
To JamesR for his wiki work;
 +
 
 +
Computerbank for providing a venue;
 +
 
 +
Sam Granleese for providing a venue;
 +
 
 +
Nathan Carter for his work with memberdb for the election;
  
2. Thanks
 
    JamesR for his wiki work;
 
    Computerbank for providing a venue;
 
Sam Granleese for providing a venue;
 
    Nathan Carter for his work with memberdb for the election;
 
 
Thanks to the interim committee (Gideon).
 
Thanks to the interim committee (Gideon).
  
3. Confirm incorp meeting minutes
+
== Confirm incorp meeting minutes==
Resolution: That the minutes of the incorporation meeting are accepted.
+
'''Resolution:''' That the minutes of the incorporation meeting are accepted.
Moved: Stephen
+
* Moved: Stephen
Seconded: Tim Starling
+
* Seconded: Tim Starling
BRIS All in favour
+
;BRIS :All in favour
SYD All in favour
+
;SYD :All in favour
MELB All in favour
+
;MELB :All in favour
IRC Without dissent
+
;IRC :Without dissent
Abstains: Mark Hurd, Gideon Digby
+
;Abstains :Mark Hurd, Gideon Digby
 
Carried without dissent
 
Carried without dissent
  
4. Receive ctte reports
+
== Receive ctte reports==
 
Reports are up to 31 December 2008.  
 
Reports are up to 31 December 2008.  
Treasurer's report (attached).
 
  
Question (Peter Jeremy): What is difference beteen income and expenditure if we have no assets?
+
===Treasurer===
A (Stephen Bain): Assets in this context refers to only physical assets.
+
Treasurer's report ([[2008-2009 AGM/Treasurer's Report|attached]]).
  
Peter Jeremy: concerned cash in hand is not explicitly stated.
+
Some discussion
 +
* Question (Peter Jeremy): What is difference beteen income and expenditure if we have no assets?
 +
* A (Stephen Bain): Assets in this context refers to only physical assets.
  
Nathan Carter: concerned that the method of accounting is not stated and not all assets are stated (eg cash, domains).
+
* Peter Jeremy: concerned cash in hand is not explicitly stated.
  
Brianna Laugher: This is only an interim report, as we are only required to complete a full report at the end of the financial year, ie the next AGM.
+
* Nathan Carter: concerned that the method of accounting is not stated and not all assets are stated (eg cash, domains).
  
?: Concern that current bank balance is not explicitly stated.
+
* Brianna Laugher: This is only an interim report, as we are only required to complete a full report at the end of the financial year, ie the next AGM.
Stephen: Just as a matter of formatting, as bank balance is able to be determined from provided information.
 
  
Gideon Digby: new ctte needs to look at format of reports.
+
* ?: Concern that current bank balance is not explicitly stated.
 +
* Stephen: Just as a matter of formatting, as bank balance is able to be determined from provided information.
  
Resolution: That the treasurer's interim report is accepted.
+
* Gideon Digby: new ctte needs to look at format of reports.
Moved: Brian Salter-Duke
+
 
Seconded: Mark Hurd
+
'''Resolution:''' That the treasurer's interim report is accepted.
 +
* Moved: Brian Salter-Duke
 +
* Seconded: Mark Hurd
 
Vote incomplete
 
Vote incomplete
  
That the treasurer's interim report is accepted with the proviso that the domain name be listed as an asset, and the bank balance at 31/12 is explicitly mentioned, and the accounting method is noted as accrual.
+
'''Resolution:''' That the treasurer's interim report is accepted with the proviso that the domain name be listed as an asset, and the bank balance at 31/12 is explicitly mentioned, and the accounting method is noted as accrual.
Moved: Stephen Bain
+
* Moved: Stephen Bain
Seconded: Nathan Carter
+
* Seconded: Nathan Carter
MELB All in favour
+
;MELB :All in favour
IRC All in favour
+
;IRC :All in favour
SYD All in favour
+
;SYD :All in favour
BRIS All in favour
+
;BRIS :All in favour
 
Carried without dissent
 
Carried without dissent
  
Secretary's report (attached).
+
===Secretary===
Peter Markham: Who is the member outside Australia?
+
[[2008-2009 AGM/Secretary's Report|Secretary's report (attached)]].
Stephen: Not really sth forthe sec report
 
Gideon: Are there any scheduled events not listed?
 
Brianna: The sec report is not like the monhtly reports, this is just a report to CAV
 
  
 +
* Peter Markham: Who is the member outside Australia?
 +
* Stephen: That's not really something for the secretary's report.
  
Resolution: That the secretary's interim report is accepted as is.
+
* Gideon: Are there any scheduled events not listed?
Moved: Gideon Digby
+
* Brianna: The secretary's report is not like the monthly reports, this is just a report to CAV.
Seconded: Peter Jeremy
+
 
IRC All in favour
+
'''Resolution:''' That the secretary's interim report is accepted as is.
MELB All in favour
+
* Moved: Gideon Digby
BRIS All in favour
+
* Seconded: Peter Jeremy
SYD All in favour
+
;IRC :All in favour
 +
;MELB :All in favour
 +
;BRIS :All in favour
 +
;SYD :All in favour
 
Carried without dissent
 
Carried without dissent
  
5. Election
+
== Election==
 
Voting: only skype/present members that haven't yet voted are Tim Starling.
 
Voting: only skype/present members that haven't yet voted are Tim Starling.
 +
 
Tim voted via Skype
 
Tim voted via Skype
  
Line 112: Line 123:
 
RO: Stephen
 
RO: Stephen
  
1. President
+
=== President===
 
1 nomination
 
1 nomination
 +
 
Winner: Brianna Laugher
 
Winner: Brianna Laugher
  
2. Vice President
+
=== Vice President===
 
2 nominations: Liam Wyatt, Gideon Digby
 
2 nominations: Liam Wyatt, Gideon Digby
 +
 
Winner: Liam Wyatt
 
Winner: Liam Wyatt
  
3. Secretary
+
=== Secretary===
 
1 nomination
 
1 nomination
 +
 
Winner: Sarah Ewart
 
Winner: Sarah Ewart
  
4. Treasurer
+
=== Treasurer===
 
1 nomination
 
1 nomination
 +
 
Winner: Brian Salter-Duke
 
Winner: Brian Salter-Duke
  
5. Ordinary Members (2)
+
=== Ordinary Members (2)===
 
3 nominations: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter, Andrew Owens
 
3 nominations: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter, Andrew Owens
 +
 
Winners: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter
 
Winners: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter
  
Line 136: Line 152:
 
[Pru from Brisbane left]
 
[Pru from Brisbane left]
  
Resolution:  A vote of thanks to the interim committee, and particular to John Vandenberg who is stepping down as Treasurer.
+
'''Resolution:''' A vote of thanks to the interim committee, and particular to John Vandenberg who is stepping down as Treasurer.
Moved: Brian Salter-Duke
+
* Moved: Brian Salter-Duke
Seconded: Andrew Owens
+
* Seconded: Andrew Owens
BRIS All in favour
+
;BRIS :All in favour
SYD All in favour
+
;SYD :All in favour
MELB Without dissent
+
;MELB :Without dissent
IRC Without dissent
+
;IRC :Without dissent
Abstain: Brianna, Stephen, Nathan
+
;Abstain :Brianna, Stephen, Nathan
 
Carried without dissent
 
Carried without dissent
  
6. Wiki conference discussion
+
== Wiki conference discussion==
Chris Mann: Basically, the consensus from the last IRC meeting was that people do want a conference this year, and have no objections to it being in Canberra. I will start a page on officialwiki to gather details and thoughts, as well as restarting discussion on the mailing lists.
+
*Chris Mann: Basically, the consensus from the last IRC meeting was that people do want a conference this year, and have no objections to it being in Canberra. I will start a page on officialwiki to gather details and thoughts, as well as restarting discussion on the mailing lists.
Brianna: We could have the AGM there as well.
+
*Brianna: We could have the AGM there as well.
John: an AGM in Canberra sounds good. that puts it between July and Nov as Brian mentioned earlier.
+
*John: an AGM in Canberra sounds good. that puts it between July and Nov as Brian mentioned earlier.
Chris: Also, as the only financial Canberran member at the moment, it looks like I'll be heavily involved in the organisation of it no matter what, so I'll do my best to keep things going smoothly.
+
*Chris: Also, as the only financial Canberran member at the moment, it looks like I'll be heavily involved in the organisation of it no matter what, so I'll do my best to keep things going smoothly.
Liam:  will it be an internal or public facing conference?
+
*Liam:  will it be an internal or public facing conference?
Gideon: Both?
+
*Gideon: Both?
Chris: That's one of the things I hope to get some member input on. Personally, I'm leaning towards a medium scope (as opposed to a huge Wikimania-like affair).
+
*Chris: That's one of the things I hope to get some member input on. Personally, I'm leaning towards a medium scope (as opposed to a huge Wikimania-like affair).
  
 
Generic support from IRC, Brisbane
 
Generic support from IRC, Brisbane
Line 159: Line 175:
 
Thanks to Stephen for acting as chair and RO
 
Thanks to Stephen for acting as chair and RO
  
Close 2.19pm AEDST
+
Close: 2.19pm AEDST

Latest revision as of 20:15, 11 January 2009

Start: 1.05pm AEDST, 11/1/2009.

Minutes: Brianna Laugher.

Attendance

MELB
Stephen Bain (RO)
Brian Salter-Duke
Brianna Laugher (minutes)
Michael Billington (oberving)
BRIS
James Recchi
Craig Franklin (RO)
Lloyd Nguyen
Pru Mitchell
SYDNEY
Angela Beesley
Tim Starling
Peter Markham (RO)
Liam Wyatt
Sam Granleese
Nick Jenkins
IRC
Charles Gregory
Chris Mann
Nathan Carter
Gideon Digby
Mark Hurd
Andrew Owens
Sarah Ewart
Peter Jeremy
John Vandenberg
APOLOGIES
Chris Sherlock
Mark Ryan
PROXIES
None

Thanks

To JamesR for his wiki work;

Computerbank for providing a venue;

Sam Granleese for providing a venue;

Nathan Carter for his work with memberdb for the election;

Thanks to the interim committee (Gideon).

Confirm incorp meeting minutes

Resolution: That the minutes of the incorporation meeting are accepted.

  • Moved: Stephen
  • Seconded: Tim Starling
BRIS
All in favour
SYD
All in favour
MELB
All in favour
IRC
Without dissent
Abstains
Mark Hurd, Gideon Digby

Carried without dissent

Receive ctte reports

Reports are up to 31 December 2008.

Treasurer

Treasurer's report (attached).

Some discussion

  • Question (Peter Jeremy): What is difference beteen income and expenditure if we have no assets?
  • A (Stephen Bain): Assets in this context refers to only physical assets.
  • Peter Jeremy: concerned cash in hand is not explicitly stated.
  • Nathan Carter: concerned that the method of accounting is not stated and not all assets are stated (eg cash, domains).
  • Brianna Laugher: This is only an interim report, as we are only required to complete a full report at the end of the financial year, ie the next AGM.
  • ?: Concern that current bank balance is not explicitly stated.
  • Stephen: Just as a matter of formatting, as bank balance is able to be determined from provided information.
  • Gideon Digby: new ctte needs to look at format of reports.

Resolution: That the treasurer's interim report is accepted.

  • Moved: Brian Salter-Duke
  • Seconded: Mark Hurd

Vote incomplete

Resolution: That the treasurer's interim report is accepted with the proviso that the domain name be listed as an asset, and the bank balance at 31/12 is explicitly mentioned, and the accounting method is noted as accrual.

  • Moved: Stephen Bain
  • Seconded: Nathan Carter
MELB
All in favour
IRC
All in favour
SYD
All in favour
BRIS
All in favour

Carried without dissent

Secretary

Secretary's report (attached).

  • Peter Markham: Who is the member outside Australia?
  • Stephen: That's not really something for the secretary's report.
  • Gideon: Are there any scheduled events not listed?
  • Brianna: The secretary's report is not like the monthly reports, this is just a report to CAV.

Resolution: That the secretary's interim report is accepted as is.

  • Moved: Gideon Digby
  • Seconded: Peter Jeremy
IRC
All in favour
MELB
All in favour
BRIS
All in favour
SYD
All in favour

Carried without dissent

Election

Voting: only skype/present members that haven't yet voted are Tim Starling.

Tim voted via Skype

33 members have voted

RO: Stephen

President

1 nomination

Winner: Brianna Laugher

Vice President

2 nominations: Liam Wyatt, Gideon Digby

Winner: Liam Wyatt

Secretary

1 nomination

Winner: Sarah Ewart

Treasurer

1 nomination

Winner: Brian Salter-Duke

Ordinary Members (2)

3 nominations: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter, Andrew Owens

Winners: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter

Congratulations all round

[Pru from Brisbane left]

Resolution: A vote of thanks to the interim committee, and particular to John Vandenberg who is stepping down as Treasurer.

  • Moved: Brian Salter-Duke
  • Seconded: Andrew Owens
BRIS
All in favour
SYD
All in favour
MELB
Without dissent
IRC
Without dissent
Abstain
Brianna, Stephen, Nathan

Carried without dissent

Wiki conference discussion

  • Chris Mann: Basically, the consensus from the last IRC meeting was that people do want a conference this year, and have no objections to it being in Canberra. I will start a page on officialwiki to gather details and thoughts, as well as restarting discussion on the mailing lists.
  • Brianna: We could have the AGM there as well.
  • John: an AGM in Canberra sounds good. that puts it between July and Nov as Brian mentioned earlier.
  • Chris: Also, as the only financial Canberran member at the moment, it looks like I'll be heavily involved in the organisation of it no matter what, so I'll do my best to keep things going smoothly.
  • Liam: will it be an internal or public facing conference?
  • Gideon: Both?
  • Chris: That's one of the things I hope to get some member input on. Personally, I'm leaning towards a medium scope (as opposed to a huge Wikimania-like affair).

Generic support from IRC, Brisbane

Thanks to Stephen for acting as chair and RO

Close: 2.19pm AEDST