2009-2010 AGM/Secretary's Report< 2009-2010 AGM
This year the chapter's membership has grown from 36 financial members to 47. However, we have also seen 23 2008-2009 financial members lapse (failure to pay or arrange to pay 2009-2010 fees prior to 20 November 2009) and two have asked to cancel their memberships. Membership retention will be a key challenge facing the chapter and future committees.
The chapter's membership has seen an increased proportion in female members from five members in 2008-2009 (representing 13.9% of the membership) to 11 this year (or 23.4%). The number of men has also increased from 31 to 36.
2009-2010 Gender distribution Male: 36 76.6% Female: 11 23.4 Total 47 100.0%
Membership distribution by state and territory
Membership numbers in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory have seen the largest growth in state and territorial memberships during the last 12 months. Membership in New South Wales has grown from nine members in 2008-2009 to 16 in 2009-2010 and membership in the Australian Capital Territory has grown from one in 2008-2009 to six in 2009-2010.
2008-2009 Memberships by state or territory
ACT 6 12.8% NSW 16 34.0% NT 0 0% QLD 5 10.6% SA 6 12.8% TAS 1 2.1% VIC 8 17.0% WA 3 6.4% Non-Aus 2 4.3% Total 47 100.0%
- March 2008: The creation of the Wikimedia Australia chapter was approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. 
- 21 April 2008: Wikimedia Australia held an incorporation meeting, agreeing to adopt certain rules and purpose.
- 6 August 2008: Our Rules were approved by Consumer Affairs Victoria and we were officially incorporated in the state of Victoria.
- 11 January 2009: Wikimedia Australia's first Annual General Meeting was held.
- 6-7 August 2009: GLAM-WIKI, the first national conference bringing together representatives of the Australasian cultural industries and members of the Wikimedia community.
Summary of meetings
The committee has held ten formal meetings and passed 29 resolutions in the last year.
- 03 November, 2009
- 26 October, 2009
- 20 October, 2009
- 26 July, 2009
- 13 June, 2009
- 04 May, 2009
- 26 March,2009
- 15 February, 2009
- 08 February, 2009
- 15 January, 2009
- AGM agenda approval
- CiviCRM training
- Fund-raising approval in different states
- WMF chapter grants
- Date of AGM
- Gideon Digby as observer on the committee
- Approval of stationery and merchandise expenses
- Updating official-wiki license
- Approval of GLAM bursaries
- Payment of GLAM expenses up to $AU1,000
- General approval for payment of GLAM expenditure
- Authorisation to open a Paypal account
- Extension of non-voting participatory members
- Volunteer system administrator
- Phorm optout
- GLAM-Wiki budget
- Duration of subscriptions paid after 1 April
- Membership renewal discount
- Regular web-hosting payments
- Reimbursement of postage costs
- Passing resolutions by wiki
- Postal address for bank account
- Expenses reimbursement update
- Bank account signatories update
- LCA Open Day, Wikipedia Day
- Access to WMF Internal
- Inviting non-voting participants to committee discussions
- Payment of fees