Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums & Wikimedia: Finding the common ground
Hashtag: #GLAM-WIKI and PDF transcript of the hashtag with a total of 874 tweets & 93 contributors from August 4th to 11th.
Collection of Del.icio.us bookmarks tagged GLAM-WIKI
- iTWire Wikimedia: Conference seeks open cultural content, by James Riley. August 3. And a mention in his article on August 10.
- Computerworld Wikimedia event seeks to open up Australian culture, by Dahna McConnachie. August 5
- ABC Radio National, "Breakfast with Fran Kelly", Interview with Liam Wyatt (audio), August 6
- ABC Local Radio (Canberra), Interview with Brianna Laugher, August 6.
- ABC Local Radio (Brisbane), Interview with Liam Wyatt, August 6.
- Canberra Times Institutions look at challenge of internet (PDF) by Sally Pryor. August 6 page 5.
- National Broadband Network will cause a social tipping point: Kate Lundy in Computerworld and Techworld, by Dahna McConnachie. August 7
- Wikipedia's on the wane: study in Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, Brisbane Times, Stuff.co.nz by Asher Moses. August 7
- Canberra Times Copyright restrains access: Lundy (PDF) by Sally Pryor. August 8 page 7.
- WikiNews It's a GLAM wrap by various contributors. August 18.
- Mentions in the Wikimedia Foundation blog on July 16 (and also August 5)
- GLAM-WIKI Canberra, day 1 Paul Reynolds, National Library NZ August 6 and day 2 August 7.
- GLAM-WIKI day 1 and GLAM-WIKI snippets from day 2 Brianna Laugher, Wikimedia Australia. August 6 & 7
- Finding Common Ground Senator Kate Lundy (text of her keynote speech). August 7
- Some thoughts - post GLAM-WIKI 2009 Paula Bray, Powerhouse Museum. August 9
- Canberra Times Wikimedia GLAMs up by Colin Steele, August 10.
- Feeling glum after GLAM-WIKI in the Social Media and Cultural Communications blog by Angelina Russo, August 10 and a response by Dutch Wikimedia Gerard Meijssen in his blog.
- GLAM-WIKI Piers Higgs, Gaia Resources, August 10.
- Cultural lessons from the crowd in the cloud by Cath Styles, National Archives, August 10.
- Aprés GLAM by Liam Wyatt, August 11
- GLAM-Wiki bullet points to the head by Kate Stone, Australian Screen, National Film and Sound Archive, August 10.
Introductory Information - the why, how and what of the conference. All the preparatory information formerly seen on the main GLAM-WIKI page before the event.
Schedule of the event itself.
- Kate Lundy - Labor Senator for the Australian Capital Territory. (transcript)
- "Finding common ground"
- Jennifer Riggs - Chief Program Officer, Wikimedia Foundation. (slides)
- "Everything you wanted to know about Wikimedia but were too afraid to ask"
- Liam Wyatt - Vice President, Wikimedia Australia and convener of GLAM-WIKI (transcript)
- "Opening remarks"
- "Politics & Policy"
- Senator Kate Lundy, ACT Labor. Member of the Communications and the Arts Senate Committee
- Senator Scott Ludlum, WA Greens. spokesperson for Broadband, Communications & the Digital Economy
- Alistair Coe, ACT Liberals, Legislative Assembly. Shadow minister for Heritage and Youth
- Seb Chan, Powerhouse Museum and Gov2.0 Taskforce member
- Paul Reynolds, Adjunct Director to the Digital Library of the National Library of NZ and the NZ National Digital Forum
- Kylie Johnson, New Media Adviser, Department Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
- Ian McDonald, Acting Director, Australian Copyright Council
- "Closing remarks" - Jennifer Riggs, Mathias Schindler, Brianna Laugher, Liam Wyatt.
- Jessica Coates - Project Manager, Creative Commons Clinic. (slides)
- "GLAM-WIKI: what libraries and archives can do"
- Graham Greenleaf - Co-Director, AustLII. (slides)
- "The Public Rights in Copyright"
- Delia Browne - National Copyright Director, Ministerial Council for Employment, Education, Training and Youth Affairs.
- "Copyright and the rise of open content licensing"
- Seb Chan - Head of Digital, Social and Emerging Technologies, Powerhouse Museum.
- Mathias Schindler - Project Manager, Wikimedia Deutschland
- "The anatomy of a 100,000 image cooperation: German Federal Archives, Wikipedia and the greater picture"
- James Matheson - Practice Manager, CustomWare Asia Pacific (slides)
- Paula Bray - Manager of Visual & Digitisation Services, Powerhouse Museum
- "Access: unlocking our content - Flickr Commons + beyond"
- Susanne Ton - Manager of Multimedia Production, Tropenmuseum, Amsterdam (Video) (download)
- John Quiggin - Professor of Economics, University of Queensland
- Angelina Russo - Chief Investigator, Engaging with Social Media in Museums Australian Research Council project
- Pru Mitchell - Senior Education Officer, Education.au (slides)
- Rose Holley - Manager, Australian Newspaper Digitisation Program.
- Kent Fitch - Lead System Architect, Australian Newspaper Digitisation Program.
- Mathias Schindler - Project Officer, Wikimedia Deutschland
- "The metadata ecosystem: moving records between Wikipedia and the German National Library"
- Brianna Laugher - President, Wikimedia Australia
- "Wikimedia Tech infrastructure" (slides)
- "Wikimedia Commons: The media repository behind Wikipedia"
Partners & Supporters