Know My Name
(→Partners: fix logos)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
[[File:Art Plus Feminism Logo.png|thumb|
[[File:Art Plus Feminism Logo.png|thumb||]]
Revision as of 00:46, 5 February 2020
Just 18 per cent of biographies on Wikipedia are about women. When it comes to female artists and creators, that number is even lower.
Wikimedia Australia is partnering with the National Gallery of Australia on its Know My Name project to enhance the understanding and appreciation of work by Australian artists who identify as women.
This March, we are co-hosting a series of edit-a-thons with galleries and libraries around Australia on the weekend of International Women's day. Our goal is to create 100 new pages about female creators, also as part of Art+Feminism.
Join us at an event near you.
- Know My Name Edit-a-thon Sydney — Saturday 7 March 2020
- Know My Name Edit-a-thon Alice Springs — Saturday 7 March 2020
- Perth meetup before Know My Name edit-a-thon — Saturday 7 March 2020
- Know My Name Edit-a-thon Perth — Sunday 8 March 2020
- Know My Name Edit-a-thon Canberra — Sunday 8 March 2020
- Know My Name Wikipedia Edit-a-thon Hobart — Monday 9 March 2020
- Know My Name International Women's Day Edit-a-thon — Saturday 6 March 2021
- Know My Name: Wikipedia Edit-a-thon — Saturday 4 June 2022
Learn how to create and edit Wikipedia entries and help us increase information about Australian women artists on the world’s largest and most popular research tool.
Dr Alysia Bennett
Alysia is a lecturer at Monash University’s Department of Architecture. Her current research focuses on overcoming barriers to the densification and diversification of dwellings in established suburbs to address the shortage of holistically affordable housing. Over the past decade Bennett has undertaken a range of architectural research and consulting roles within the public and private sectors, including the University of Tasmania, the City of Sydney, BVN and the Office of the State Architect in Tasmania. She is also affiliated with Cumulus Studio and Parlour’s WikiD Australia initiative.
Caddie is an independent curator, producer and audio-maker based in the Northern Territory. Recent work includes Indigemoji and A Tale of Four Cities: A Soundwalk through Darwin as well as exhibitions for the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory and Northern Territory Library. She has run Wikiclub NT since 2016 to improve the representation of Northern Territory content on Wikipedia. She is currently studying a Master of Applied Cybernetics at the Australian National University's 3A Institute.
Know My Name Events Coordinator
- #KnowMyName website, National Gallery of Australia
- [Know My Name project page]
- Know My Name event dashboard