Difference between revisions of "Know My Name"
(→Partners: add gap)
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
Revision as of 22:07, 5 February 2020
Just 18 per cent of biographies on Wikipedia are about women. When it comes to female artists and creators, that number is even lower.
Wikimedia Australia is partnering with the National Gallery of Australia on its Know My Name project, to enhance the understanding and appreciation of work by Australian artists who identify as women.
This March, we are co-hosting a series of edit-a-thons with galleries and libraries around Australia on the weekend of International Women's day. Our goal is to create 100 new pages about female creators, also as part of Art+Feminism.
Join us at an event near you.
- (NT) 2020 March 7, Saturday 8:00AM — Know My Name Edit-a-thon Alice Springs — Witchetty’s, Araluen Arts Centre
- (NSW) 2020 March 7, Saturday 10:00AM — Know My Name Edit-a-thon Sydney — Dixson Room, Mitchell Wing, State Library of New South Wales, Macquarie St, Sydney
- (WA) 2020 March 7, Saturday 10:00AM — Perth meetup before Know My Name edit-a-thon — Bayside Kitchen café, Crawley
- (WA) 2020 March 7, Saturday 1:00PM — Know My Name Edit-a-thon Perth — Lawrence Wilson Gallery, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley 6009
- (ACT) 2020 March 8, Sunday 12:30PM — Know My Name Edit-a-thon Canberra — National Gallery of Australia, Parkes Place, Parkes, Canberra ACT 2600
- (TAS) 2020 March 8, Sunday 1:00PM — Know My Name Wikipedia Edit-a-thon Hobart — School of Creative Arts and Media, Hunter Street, Hobart, Tasmania
Dr Alysia Bennett
Alysia is a lecturer at Monash University’s Department of Architecture. Her current research focuses on overcoming barriers to the densification and diversification of dwellings in established suburbs to address the shortage of holistically affordable housing. Over the past decade Bennett has undertaken a range of architectural research and consulting roles within the public and private sectors, including the University of Tasmania, the City of Sydney, BVN and the Office of the State Architect in Tasmania. She is also affiliated with Cumulus Studio and Parlour’s WikiD Australia initiative.
Caddie is an independent curator, producer and audio-maker based in the Northern Territory. Recent work includes Indigemoji and A Tale of Four Cities: A Soundwalk through Darwin as well as exhibitions for the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory and Northern Territory Library. She has run Wikiclub NT since 2016 to improve the representation of Northern Territory content on Wikipedia. She is currently studying a Master of Applied Cybernetics at the Australian National University's 3A Institute.
Know My Name Events Coordinator
- #KnowMyName website, National Gallery of Australia
- [Know My Name project page]
- Know My Name event dashboard