Difference between revisions of "Meeting:2012 AGM"
(→Agenda: remove 'minutes of SGM' from Agenda, which was noted in the AGM to be a copy&paste error)
(+link to minutes)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The fifth [[Annual General Meeting]] of Wikimedia Australia, Inc.®
The fifth [[Annual General Meeting]] of Wikimedia Australia, Inc.® held on Sunday 25 November 2012.
== Timeline ==
== Timeline ==
Revision as of 23:09, 20 March 2013
- See Resolution:2012 Annual General Meeting and Resolution:2012 Annual General Meeting electronic election.
- 21 October 2012 16.00 AEST: election software at the AGM must be published. Done
- 26 October 2012 16.00 AEST: All resolutions, including rule changes, must be proposed, seconded and published according to the wmau:Proposals policy. Done
- 27 October 2012: Electronic AGM notice to be sent to memberswikimedia.org.au, with members to acknowledge receipt by email to secretarywikimedia.org.au. Done
- 28 October 2012: Prepaid post AGM notice to be sent to all currently financial members that have not electronically acknowledged receipt. Done
- 1 November 2012 00:01 AEST: Membership database is closed until the AGM has concluded. Done
- 9 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Nominations open. Done
- 14 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Nominations close. Done
- 16 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Election opens. 02:00 UTC Done
- 23 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Election closes. 02:00 UTC Done
- 24 November 2012 12:00 AEST: IRC nicknames to be published on the Wiki. Proxy forms to be submitted to the Secretary. Done
- 25 November 2012 16:00 AEDST: AGM 05:00 UTC Done
Date, time and location
The AGM is to be held on Sunday 25 November 2012, to commence at 16:00 AEDST. (05:00 UTC)
Australia's separate time zones, including daylight saving time, mean that the time for the AGM will vary across the country as follows:
- 4.00pm AEDT (Vic, NSW, Tas, ACT)
- 3.30pm ACDT (SA)
- 3.00pm AEST (Qld)
- 2.30pm ACST (NT)
- 1.00pm AWST (WA)
The official place for the AGM will be 'Computerbank' at 483 Victoria Street, West Melbourne (near Dryburgh Street). See also w:Wikipedia:Meetup/Melbourne 25.
Remote connection methods
Members will be able to connect to the AGM by both teleconference call and IRC. Voting on proposals will only be permitted if they are either at the main venue, or via the teleconference, since it will not be possible to guarantee that IRC participants will be able to have the entirety of every discussion transcribed to them, and thus may be at a disadvantage. IRC participants can submit a proxy vote.
- Teleconference - members should contact (secretarywikimedia.org.au) for connection number and code
- IRC - on #wikimedia-au-agm. Members should advise (secretarywikimedia.org.au) of their intended IRC nick before the meeting
Members who cannot attend the meeting could appoint another member to act as their proxy. Members wishing to appoint a proxy need to complete the proxy form and email it to secretarywikimedia.org.au no later than 24 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting. Only current financial members can act as proxies.
- Apologies, attendance (connect with returning officers in each locale)
- To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting
- To receive the committee reports
- To elect officers of the Association and the ordinary members of the committee
- Vice President
- Ordinary Members (2)
- Vote on accepting the 2013 Annual Plan
- Proposal:Adopt 2012 model rules
- Proposal:Rule amendments for new Act compliance (only possible if 7.1 fails)
- Proposal:Increase committee size (only possible if 7.2 passes)
- Proposal:Rule_amendments_terminating_unfinancial_members (only possible if 7.2 passes)
- Proposal:Wikimedia Australia Meetups
The following members are confirmed candidates for the 2012–13 Wikimedia Australia committee.
This year nominations were conducted by the traditional nomination method of submitting nominations to the Secretary in writing through the email system.
- two seats
- Gideon Digby (statement)
- Nominated by: Laura Hale, Steven Zhang
- Craig Franklin (statement)
- Nominated by: Charles Gregory, Graham Pearce
- Charles Gregory (statement)
- Nominated by: Craig Franklin, Graham Pearce
- Graham Pearce (statement)
- Nominated by: Charles Gregory, Craig Franklin
The voting used Adam Jenkins' election software, as recommended in Election_Report_-_2011-2012_WMAU_Committee_Nominations_and_Voting, published after the 2011 AGM.