The fifth Annual General Meeting of Wikimedia Australia, Inc.® is tentative planned to be held on 25 November 2012. It must be held before 1 December 2012 (see Act Part VI 30 2A). (In 20111 the committee announced the date by Resolution:2011 Annual General Meeting.)
If we are to use software for the election, the software must be open source 28 days before the ballot opens. If we assume that the ballot opens a week earlier on 18 November, the software must be made available to the public by 12 October 2012. The rules do not specify that the committee must make a decision to use this software on that date, however it is expected that they would advertise it, and if bugs are found before the ballot open the committee is free to use other software that has been vetted or resort to a show of hands at the AGM.
Any proposed agenda items require a special resolution, and must be published on 2 November, which is 21 days prior to the general meeting in accordance with the Rules. For more information relating to proposing amendments to the rules, and process regarding special resolutions, see the Act.
- 21 October 2012 16.00 AEST: election software at the AGM must be published. Done
- 26 October 2012 16.00 AEST: All resolutions, including rule changes, must be proposed, seconded and published according to the wmau:Proposals policy. Done
- 27 October 2012: Electronic AGM notice to be sent to memberswikimedia.org.au, with members to acknowledge receipt by email to secretarywikimedia.org.au. Done
- 28 October 2012: Prepaid post AGM notice to be sent to all currently financial members that have not electronically acknowledged receipt. Done
- 1 November 2012 00:01 AEST: Membership database is closed until the AGM has concluded. Done
- 9 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Nominations open. Done
- 14 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Nominations close. Done
- 16 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Election opens. 02:00 UTC Done
- 23 November 2012 12:00 AEST: Election closes. 02:00 UTC Done
- 24 November 2012 12:00 AEST: IRC nicknames to be published on the Wiki. Proxy forms to be submitted to the Secretary. Done
- 25 November 2012 16:00 AEDST: AGM 05:00 UTC Done
Date, Time and Location
The AGM is to be held on 25 November 2012, to commence at 16:00 AEDST. (05:00 UTC)
Australia's separate time zones, including daylight saving time, mean that the time for the AGM will vary across States and Territories as follows:
- 4.00pm AEDT (Vic, NSW, Tas, ACT)
- 3.30pm ACDT (SA)
- 3.00pm AEST (Qld)
- 2.30pm ACST (NT)
- 1.00pm AWST (WA)
The official place for the AGM will be 'Computerbank' at 483 Victoria Street, West Melbourne (near Dryburgh Street). Members are encouraged to organise local general meeting venues.
It is planned that members will be able to connect to the AGM by both teleconference call and IRC, or will be able to submit a proxy vote.
IRC participation will be on #wikimedia-au-agm. To participate through IRC, members need to advise the secretary (secretarywikimedia.org.au) of their intended IRC nick before the meeting.
Members who cannot attend the meeting could appoint another member to act as their proxy. Members wishing to appoint a proxy need to complete the proxy form and email it to returningofficerwikimedia.org.au no later than 24 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting. Only current financial members can act as proxies.
- Apologies, attendance (connect with returning officers in each locale)
- To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting and the special general meeting
- To receive the committee reports
- To elect officers of the Association and the ordinary members of the committee
- Vice President
- Ordinary Members (2)
- Further items?
The following members are confirmed candidates for the 2012–13 Wikimedia Australia committee.
This year nominations were conducted by the traditional nomination method of submitting nominations to the Secretary in writing through the email system.
- two seats
- Gideon Digby (statement)
- Nominated by: Laura Hale, Steven Zhang
- Craig Franklin (statement)
- Nominated by: Charles Gregory, Graham Pearce
- Charles Gregory (statement)
- Nominated by: Craig Franklin, Graham Pearce
- Graham Pearce (statement)
- Nominated by: Charles Gregory, Craig Franklin
The voting will use memberdb, the system used in the last four AGMs.