Difference between revisions of "Meeting:Committee (2014-10-19)"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 19:02, 11 September 2019
|Wikimedia Australia Inc.|
|Sunday 19 October 2014, 16:00 AEDST|
- Start: 16:21 AEDST; 13:21 AWST (West Coast)
- Attendance: Steven, Gideon, Michael, Pru, Kerry, Andrew (joined 17:11), Charles (joined 16:40)
- Apologies: Craig
The last formal meeting's minutes were ratified prior to the AGM. The informal comm meeting straight after the AGM was an opportunity for committee members to discuss a number of things such as the upcoming committee in-person meeting timing and the ALIA events around the country.
- Current cash summary not yet available.
- Nothing new to report, delay in updated bank feed...
- Monthly rather than every meeting
- monthly rather than every meeting,
- 4-6 weekly list of new member application status
- email re:session in Sydney requesting partnership at a Wikibomb Uni Sydney
- Discussion on whether partnership means we should send someone as our representative.
- Kerry to contact Uni Sydney contacts to ask if they will be our representatives. If not, we can check availability of Gillian White.
- Steve is available if necessary.
Agenda - decisions
- Reimbursement of face-to-face meeting expenses (as discussed in informal comm meeting)
Agenda - discussion
- Workshop pack under creation by Pru & survey
- discussion on the pack created by Pru. Uploaded to google drive - Steve and Pru will meet Thursday before the presentation to tweak and discuss.
- Wikibomb session 31 Oct (from comm list) - do we want to send someone? - already discussed
- Divvying up responsibilites for members of the committee - Charles social media and quarterly newsletter/outward member communications, Pru & Kerry -GLAM/Education leads. Craig is Outreach/Partner Relationship management. Steve is WMF liaison and fundraising/grants lead. Gideon is inward membership communications lead (members contact you regarding proposals etc.)
- Discussion around internal processes (brought up by Craig and Kerry)
- Acceptance process - needs to be tightened up (72 hours seems reasonable) and optimised.
- Renewals - currently two people due to separate systems, may need to resolve system access issue
- Upgrade CiviCRM? Installed in 2009, newer versions may be more amenable to what we're doing.
- Procedure for acceptance: After 72 hours, secretary emails comm notifying acceptance and emails treasurer to send invoice and acceptance email once paid, treasurer emails president asking letter to be sent and to add to members email list.
- Out of session resolutions - procedure adopted.
- Spending delegations - petty cash process (to be reported on at next meeting rather than requiring resolution).
- Minutes and resolutions procedure - Etherpad -> Comm (with action items) -> Public Wiki. The committee was also of the view that with rare exceptions, resolutions are able to be published.
- Admin support - Steven has applied for a quote for ad hoc admin services (in lieu of hiring an employee, which we don't have the demand or org maturity for) and will report back once received. This will greatly assist in events management for future planned events.
- Other items
Kerry's attendance to THATcamp
ACTION: Pru to advise on venue for in person meeting so we can finalise accommodation.
Closed at 18:13.