Difference between revisions of "Meeting:Committee (2014-12-13)"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 20:01, 11 September 2019
|Wikimedia Australia Inc.|
|Sunday 13 December 2014, 16:00 AEDST|
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes
- 3 Actions items from last meeting
- 4 Reports
- 5 Correspondence report
- 6 Agenda - discussion
- 7 Conference
- 8 Next meeting
- Start: 16:12 AEDST; 13:12 AWST (West Coast)
- Attendance: Michael(chairing), Gideon, Kerry, Craig (dropped out 4:36pm), Andrew, Charles, Pru (joined 4.50pm)
- Apologies: Steven
Actions items from last meeting
- Calendar invite from Michael: Sent out. Will do a reminder next time.
- Conference planning from Kerry: SLQ meeting. Promising as posisble meeting venue, see email for details. Meeting next Wednesday that Craig and Kerry will be going to.
- Charles re: doodle canvassing meeting timing
- In progress, waiting for more responses
- Merchandise w/ Charles: FInding order-on-demand supplier. Cafepress redbubble etc, licensing issues mean we can't sell them for now. Prices are currently much higher than a bulk run. Finding cheaper prices from the suppliers. Expect email on list.
- Pru sample contract for comment, ongoing.
- Kerry has asked for the Federal department of environment heritage database to be released. Timeframe not clear but indicated likely to hear something in the New Year (2015)
- See attached cash summary up to 30 Nov 2014. Current balance is $69,779:
- Note increase in donation activity, probably because of the extra attention coming from the fundraiser. One $300 donation was recorded in November.
- Although one membership application was received in November (Mai Tran), it has not been paid yet.
- So far for December:
- Another $350 in donations has already come in, with $100 coming from WAMUG, where Gideon spoke, and the other $250 coming from three other donors.
- One member has joined, Michal Lewi.
- BAS up to September 30 has been lodged with the ATO, with a $230 refund expected. The sheet for this is also attached. Our next BAS (Up to Dec 31) is not due until March.
- Bank move update: Action: Another piece of paperwork is needed for the bank account, with Steve & Mike's signatures only.
- All approved expense claims have been sent through to Craig & Graham for processing. Some expense claims have not yet been approved: this is either because they are from me (Steve can you take a look at these?), because some receipts are needed, or because they were added in the past 2 minutes!
46 members in total -- + 1 new
- Following out ALIA in Brisbane, Kerry has been approached by QUT about running something there. Another person has asked about edit training.
- Re conference had a tentative chat about Analytics and Research team, for session at main conference, research workshop with local academics. Tentatively have somebody at QUT to host that.
Agenda - discussion
Strategic planning and annual plan
- ACTION: Michael to do finance for the annual plan
- Strategic plan
- Revising plan to bring 2014, and re-work to be in line with annual plan.
- ACTION: Everybody to take a look at both plans and make any changes necessary by 28 December committee meeting, with it ready to be published to members by the end of the year.
- ACTION: Michael to remind everybody in a week's time.
ACTION: Kerry to do some of the initial planning in document form. Attendance: 50-200, targetting 100 people. 1/4 to 1/3 may be local from Kerry's experience.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Perth/18 funding request to assist in costs private touring of Freo Prison after Meetup in the amount $250.
- Idea is to improve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremantle_Prison
- See previous emails to committee list for more detail.
- Commitment for 3 WIR over 2 campuses (UWA and Curtin).
- Gideon to provide support and assistance, will be drawn from students who are studying.
- Activity Feb-March in editing and wikibombs. A test Wikipedia by March, go live (Incubator) by mid-year.
Potential Hobart meetup
- Seeing who is interested and available, looks like it will go ahead. Local meeting funding request to be expected.
- Charles had a brief chat with LCA team, offered assistance/guidance where needed, including having a pre-conf / miniconf with LCA if required.
- Too late for next year (January), plenty of time for the one after.
Message from Axel Pettersson (WMSE) re camera program
- Discussion of answers with committee
- ACTION: Charles to reply with these answers.
- What are people's expectations?
- ACTION: Responding to what comes out.
- Formation of sub-committee discussed
- Kerry and Craig for geographic reasons, Craig has some wiki conference experience (HK and Berlin)
- Michael to join to crunch numbers.
- Leave open to extra areas of responsibility as and when needed
Next meeting will be held at 4pm AEST 28th.December 2014
Meeting closed at 17:33