Difference between revisions of "Meeting:Committee (2016-03-14)"
(copy from etherpad)
Revision as of 12:50, 9 October 2016
|Wikimedia Australia Inc.|
|Monday 14 March 2016, 20:00 AEDST|
Meeting opened at 20:07
- Present: Robert (in chair), Gideon, Tom, Steven, Pru, Andrew (joined 20:15)
- Apologies: Charles
- Wikimedia Conference Berlin - Steve elected as substitute delegate to Berlin conference and WMF and Berlin organising committee notified
- Berlin planning meeting Perth 9/10 April - Steven, Robert, Gideon, Tom and Andrew will meet in Perth to plan for WMAU Steve to book travel for Steve and Robert and Andrew to book accommodation, all on WMAU's behalf. The meeting will determine the chapter's best strategic approach to the Berlin conference.
- Wikimania Scholarships
- New email - Charles - to be confirmed
- Application form - tie sections of the application form to WMAU outcomes
- Promotion via mailing list
- Selection committee: Pru, Charles and Gideon
- Very rubbery initial figure of $4000 for full and $1000 for partial discussed (will be budgeted once we have more info). This gives us an idea of what we can commit to.
- Safe space policy draft - move from proposal to policy. On public wiki - proposal.
- Delegations policy and procedures
- ACTION: Steve will Rename this from Proposal to Policy and note date ratified
- ACTION: Tom to check namespace for Policies on wikimedia.org.au
- Business cards - Charles to order another batch of generic WMAU, Robert, Steve & Pru - to email Charles (on going)
- Drafting revision to Constitution based on 2012 Model Rules and suggestions by the CAV to take to mid-year SGM - Andrew (not yet done)
- WMAU scholarships/funding to Wikimania and circulate to committee - Pru & Charles to draft process and formulate criteria (done - see above section)
- Free membership - Andrew to contact two remaining and offer free membership to 30 June 2016 (not yet done)
- New members - Gideon to officially welcome five new members - not done yet gn been N/A
- Membership lists - Andrew to reconcile financial members (where possible) with the members email list (not yet done - will prioritise the last point tonight)
- CiviCRM - Andrew to populate (not yet done)
- Steve to pay Australia Post and be reimbursed - not yet done - will be tomorrow
- EN-AU language option - Gideon to work with Andy
(Andrew wasn't able to access a computer for much of the period due to broken ankle, but has got a laptop computer organised now.)
- New members (no new membership applications)
- Written report on the changes being made to the accounts
- Transfer of any remaining funds from Bendigo Bank account, and closure
Current balance: $53,296 as per bank statement
Motions for future meeting:
- Motion on use of Westpac super approver status
- Motion to enable use of the feature by the treasurer.
ACTION: Andrew to place this policy on the committee list for discussion in the next week. Following acceptance of the policy the Motion to allow use of the super approver will be moved.
- results of followup email to Perth mini conf attendees
Wikidata Downunder tour
Finalise report and follow up. ACTION: Pru to draft a detailed report for wikimedia.org.au - including lessons learned, successes, issues that arose etc
ACTION: Gideon will post to WIki
- Policy on regional partnerships and support for Pacific region where there is no established WM Affiliate
ACTION: Tom create a page on Comm Wiki for policies required/requested page and add this one to the page
- Face to face committee meeting and SGM
- Tentative dates Sat 11 & Sun 12 June 2016 in Perth
- ACTION: Pru check availability of all committee members
- Last date to advertise SGM: 23 May 2016
Next meeting: Monday 28 March 2016, 20:00 AEDST (Easter Monday) Meeting closed: 21:51 AEDST