Difference between revisions of "Meeting:Committee (2016-07-17)"
(copy from etherpad)
Revision as of 16:25, 9 October 2016
|Wikimedia Australia Inc.|
|Sunday 17 July 2016, 19:00 AEST|
Meeting opened at 19:05
- Present: Gideon (chair), Pru, Andrew, Robert, Tom
- Apologies: Steve
- Absent: Charles
23 May 2016 - requested changes to minutes deferred till all parties involved are present at meeting.
- Gideon has contacted and made a time to meet local Bendigo Bank manager in person and will report.
- Membership report
- 28 paid members
- 26 outstanding membership invoices of which 24 are overdue (30 June 2016)
- An issue with the instructions has been corrected to include sending the invoices for new members
- ACTION: Pru and Andrew to find out how previous overseas invoices have been processed regarding no GST
$44710.22 in funds across our three accounts, including $43958.14 in the main account. Significant expenses were the face to face flights, and Darwin related expenses. Approximately $1400 is awaiting payment (including Gillian's partial scholarship), and $2,200 of additional budgeted expenses are pending (prizes for WLE, Sam's partial scholarship).
Andrew advised that he had finally sorted out the Auskey required for lodging Australian Tax Office BAS lost in transfer of office bearers, after an hour of calls to the ATO.
ACTION: Andrew to add the process to the instructions for handover
Andrew has been dealing with the Queensland regulator and requested a motion to resolve a historic issue that had arisen.
Wikimedia Australia notes:
Wikimedia Australia moves:
ACTION: Andrew to complete this
- Various correspondence noted
- documentary placement request - meeting worded a response to it. ACTION: Gideon to respond
- ALIA West, WP to Moon 2 Aug - Scheduled for Tuesday 2 August, 2016 at ECU. Content not directly related to Wikipedia to the Moon but will be science-related
- AGM : Andrew submitted SGM changes to CAV. ACTION: Andrew to check confirmation and change rules on public wiki
- Linux 2017 - Call for program proposals close 5 August 2016 https://linux.conf.au/proposals/ - Suggest we offer a legal focus,around US copyright and Creative Commons. Note January timeline from 16 Jan - could be an issue for a tour.
- ACTION: Pru and Gideon to work with Charles on this
- WLE - Gideon presented a report.
- ACTION: Andrew and Gideon to organise $100 Westpac preloaded card for winners
- ACTION: Gideon to organising printing of winning photograph
- ACTION: Certificate design - Robert to draft and send around
It was agreed to provide gifts for the judges up to $50
- ACTION: Gideon to organise a gift for judges
- International judging in August
- ACTION: Steve to contact his media contacts about feature on the winners
- Possible promotional activity: WMAU contact postcards made from winning photographs
- ACTION: Tom to design postcard wording and send around to committee https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2016_in_Australia/Winners
- NT - further activity and public report (Robert: My report will be published on Comm Wiki during the week, been busy for the past week, NT News article sent via email to Comm). ACTION: Post article to GLAM WIKI news - due 7 August 2016
- 2017 plan circulated.
- Rio Accreditation Update - Received an email from Sascha on 12th July that the accreditation is being mailed via registered post. No action from the WMAU.
Next meeting: Monday 31 June 2016, 19:00 AEST Meeting closed: 20:22 AEST