Difference between revisions of "Meeting:Committee (2019-11-11)"

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{event
 
{{event
 
|start_date=2019/11/11 07:00:00 PM AEDT
 
|start_date=2019/11/11 07:00:00 PM AEDT
|end_date=2019/11/11 08:30:00 AM AEDT
+
|end_date=2019/11/11 08:36:00 AM AEDT
 
|timezone=11
 
|timezone=11
 
|region=National
 
|region=National
Line 8: Line 8:
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{meeting|type=committee|date=2019-11-11}}
 
{{meeting|type=committee|date=2019-11-11}}
 +
 +
== Introduction ==
 +
:Date: Monday 11 November 2019
 +
:Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm QLD / 7pm AEDT
 +
:Meeting channel:  https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net
 +
 +
===Attendance===
 +
:Attendees:  Steve, Pru, Alex, Robert, Matt
 +
:Apologies: Caddie, Sam (US), Jacinta
 +
 +
===Previous minutes=== 
 +
Minutes of previous meeting:
 +
* Sat 12 - Sun 13 Oct 2019  [[WMAU Committee strategy weekend (October 2019)]]
 +
* That the minutes of the 12-13 October 2019 meeting be accepted.
 +
:Moved: Steve
 +
:Seconded: Alex
 +
:Passed without dissent
 +
;ACTION: Robert: Clean up for publication
 +
 +
===Business arising and actions===
 +
;ACTION: Steve and Robert fix all references to change in membership price - done
 +
Steve changed membership app form, and 2 pages on public wiki (More references may exist) - Done.
 +
;ACTION: Matt & Pru to follow up with Mylee Joseph around Liam Wyatt visit in December.-
 +
;<mark>REDACTED</mark>
 +
;ACTION Steve Contact OTRS - for further discussion. Is not used.
 +
;ACTION Steve and Sam to discuss further
 +
 +
==Agenda==
 +
 +
===Reports===
 +
====President's report====
 +
;Survey Drafts - review members’ responses
 +
;ACTION: Pru to follow up with banner ad
 +
;Partnerships -  legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page: Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
 +
 +
====Secretary's report====
 +
;ACTION: Robert, Pru & Steven discuss Password management, recommend 1password but how many accounts do we need, which means who should have access to it?
 +
 +
====Treasurer's report====
 +
Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting:
 +
Net change: ($2734.81)
 +
*Current Account balances as of 11 November 2019: Westpac: $66,382.55    CC: $ 857.59  PayPal: $ 924.11
 +
*Income: ATO:  $0  , $0  renewals, $405.00 in donations, $5.92 in interest. One unreconciled donation from bank account of $99.00 from unknown contact.
 +
*Expenses:  Face-to-face meeting $2794.64, other travel $236.36, other misc fees $114.73
 +
*Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
 +
;ACTION Financial when Pru and Alex return
 +
:Move: Pru
 +
:Second: Robert
 +
:Passed without dissent
 +
 +
*(2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG
 +
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Return_unused_funds_to_WMF
 +
:MOTION: That WMAU repay unspent $102.11 AUD to WMF grant
 +
:Move: Steve
 +
:Second: Robert
 +
:Passed without dissent
 +
;ACTION: Steve, Pru work out how to wire funds back
 +
 +
====Membership report====
 +
Joining: =  0
 +
====Communications report====
 +
*Newsletter
 +
:Record our thanks to Jacinta for great October newsletter
 +
:Jan due date:
 +
*Survey, WLM, MOU NGA,
 +
*Social media
 +
:Facebook Steve to do weekly
 +
:Twitter Steve to do weekly
 +
:Post an Australian article regularly
 +
:Promoting WMAU Grants
 +
*<mark>REDACTED</mark>
 +
*Link this to survey results
 +
 +
====Technical report====
 +
Feedback on events process: for further specific discussion
 +
*(2019-09-16) Email from Ross Mallet requesting that his WMAU email be reactivated and forwarded to supplied email address
 +
;ACTION Steve to create and send to Ross
 +
 +
===Activities===
 +
====Local activities====
 +
*ACT
 +
*QLD 
 +
*NSW - Mon 16 Dec SLNSW
 +
*NT
 +
*SA
 +
*TAS
 +
*VIC -
 +
*WA
 +
 +
====National activities====
 +
Notes from Community Meeting
 +
;ACTION: Sam to load notes please
 +
:Done: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/WMAU_Community_Meeting_(Oct_2019)
 +
;ACTION: email members for date of next meeting
 +
*Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2019_in_Australia
 +
:Email to international competition not received by deadline.
 +
;ACTION: Pru to contact 10 winners with offer of prizes
 +
*Wiki Loves Science
 +
:Thomas Shafee offering to coordinate
 +
:MOTION: That WMAU approve up to $600 as budgeted for the WIki Loves Science competition 2019.
 +
:Move: Alex
 +
:Second: Robert
 +
:Passed without dissent
 +
 +
*Wikipedia Day, 15 January 2020
 +
:Defer to next meeting
 +
 +
====Global activities====
 +
*Wikimania 2020
 +
;Robert reported on themes, goals - still under finalisation. Feedback from Sweden pending, and WMF feedback.
 +
;Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of November, with a call for expressions of interest soon after.
 +
 +
*WikiCite ANZ
 +
:Friday 14 February 2020
 +
 +
==OTHER BUSINESS==
 +
*<mark>REDACTED</mark>
 +
*Prizes for Wiki Loves Science - dealt with above
 +
 +
==Meeting closed==
 +
Closed: 8.36pm AEDST
 +
*Next Committee meeting: Monday 9 December 2019
 +
*Next Community meeting: Tues 26 or Wed 27 November 2019
 +
;Topics: Wikimania (Robert, Jeremy, Ingrid) - TBC

Latest revision as of 15:26, 13 February 2020

Meeting:Committee (2019-12-09), 9 November 2019
National
WMAU Community Meeting (Nov 2019), 27 November 2019 →


Event
to (National)
Committee (2019-11-11)

Location: Online

Share link:

Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.


Committee meeting

11 November 2019

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).


Introduction

Date: Monday 11 November 2019
Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm QLD / 7pm AEDT
Meeting channel: https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net

Attendance

Attendees: Steve, Pru, Alex, Robert, Matt
Apologies: Caddie, Sam (US), Jacinta

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meeting:

Moved: Steve
Seconded: Alex
Passed without dissent
ACTION
Robert: Clean up for publication

Business arising and actions

ACTION
Steve and Robert fix all references to change in membership price - done

Steve changed membership app form, and 2 pages on public wiki (More references may exist) - Done.

ACTION
Matt & Pru to follow up with Mylee Joseph around Liam Wyatt visit in December.-
REDACTED
ACTION Steve Contact OTRS - for further discussion. Is not used.
ACTION Steve and Sam to discuss further

Agenda

Reports

President's report

Survey Drafts - review members’ responses
ACTION
Pru to follow up with banner ad
Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting

Secretary's report

ACTION
Robert, Pru & Steven discuss Password management, recommend 1password but how many accounts do we need, which means who should have access to it?

Treasurer's report

Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting: Net change: ($2734.81)

  • Current Account balances as of 11 November 2019: Westpac: $66,382.55 CC: $ 857.59 PayPal: $ 924.11
  • Income: ATO: $0 , $0 renewals, $405.00 in donations, $5.92 in interest. One unreconciled donation from bank account of $99.00 from unknown contact.
  • Expenses: Face-to-face meeting $2794.64, other travel $236.36, other misc fees $114.73
  • Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
ACTION Financial when Pru and Alex return
Move: Pru
Second: Robert
Passed without dissent
  • (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Return_unused_funds_to_WMF

MOTION: That WMAU repay unspent $102.11 AUD to WMF grant
Move: Steve
Second: Robert
Passed without dissent
ACTION
Steve, Pru work out how to wire funds back

Membership report

Joining: = 0

Communications report

  • Newsletter
Record our thanks to Jacinta for great October newsletter
Jan due date:
  • Survey, WLM, MOU NGA,
  • Social media
Facebook Steve to do weekly
Twitter Steve to do weekly
Post an Australian article regularly
Promoting WMAU Grants
  • REDACTED
  • Link this to survey results

Technical report

Feedback on events process: for further specific discussion

  • (2019-09-16) Email from Ross Mallet requesting that his WMAU email be reactivated and forwarded to supplied email address
ACTION Steve to create and send to Ross

Activities

Local activities

  • ACT
  • QLD
  • NSW - Mon 16 Dec SLNSW
  • NT
  • SA
  • TAS
  • VIC -
  • WA

National activities

Notes from Community Meeting

ACTION
Sam to load notes please
Done: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/WMAU_Community_Meeting_(Oct_2019)
ACTION
email members for date of next meeting
Email to international competition not received by deadline.
ACTION
Pru to contact 10 winners with offer of prizes
  • Wiki Loves Science
Thomas Shafee offering to coordinate
MOTION: That WMAU approve up to $600 as budgeted for the WIki Loves Science competition 2019.
Move: Alex
Second: Robert
Passed without dissent
  • Wikipedia Day, 15 January 2020
Defer to next meeting

Global activities

  • Wikimania 2020
Robert reported on themes, goals - still under finalisation. Feedback from Sweden pending, and WMF feedback.
Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of November, with a call for expressions of interest soon after.
  • WikiCite ANZ
Friday 14 February 2020

OTHER BUSINESS

  • REDACTED
  • Prizes for Wiki Loves Science - dealt with above

Meeting closed

Closed: 8.36pm AEDST

  • Next Committee meeting: Monday 9 December 2019
  • Next Community meeting: Tues 26 or Wed 27 November 2019
Topics
Wikimania (Robert, Jeremy, Ingrid) - TBC