Difference between revisions of "Meeting:Committee (2020-01-13)"

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{{event |start_date=2020/01/13 07:00:00 PM AEDT |end_date=2020/01/13 08:30:00 AM AEDT |timezone=11 |region=National |location=Online |description=Normal monthly Committee meet...")
 
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{event
 
{{event
 
|start_date=2020/01/13 07:00:00 PM AEDT
 
|start_date=2020/01/13 07:00:00 PM AEDT
|end_date=2020/01/13 08:30:00 AM AEDT
+
|end_date=2020/01/13 08:31:00 AM AEDT
 
|timezone=11
 
|timezone=11
 
|region=National
 
|region=National
Line 8: Line 8:
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{meeting|type=committee|date=2020-01-13}}
 
{{meeting|type=committee|date=2020-01-13}}
 +
 +
== Introduction ==
 +
:Date: Monday 13 January 2020
 +
:Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm QLD / 7pm AEDT
 +
:Meeting channel:  https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net
 +
 +
===Attendance===
 +
:Attendees:  Pru, Alex, Sam, Caddie
 +
:Apologies: Robert (Fire duties), Steve (working away), Jacinta, Matt (travelling)
 +
===Previous minutes=== 
 +
Minutes of previous meeting:
 +
* Monday 9 December 2019  [[Meeting:Committee_(2019-12-09)]]
 +
* That the minutes of the 9 December 2019 meeting be accepted.
 +
:Moved: Sam
 +
:Seconded: Alex
 +
;ACTION: Sam: Publish Minutes to Comm and Public
 +
 +
==Business arising and actions==
 +
;;ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below
 +
 +
==Agenda==
 +
 +
===Reports===
 +
====President's report====
 +
;Survey Drafts - review members’ responses - DEFER
 +
;ACTION: Pru to follow up with banner ad - to be continued
 +
;Partnerships -  legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page: Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
 +
 +
====Secretary's report====
 +
ACTION: Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password
 +
 +
====Correspondence====
 +
;ACTION: Alex to back up Secretary unanswered correspondence, Pru to back up Treasurer and membership
 +
https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Email_responses
 +
*Query about DGR status
 +
:ACTION: Alex to respond, and include note on https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Donate
 +
*Katherine Maher: Sending love and care to Australia in time of bushfire
 +
*Request about joining WikiClub West: Sam and Alex responded
 +
 +
====Treasurer's report====
 +
No Treasurer’s report
 +
Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting:
 +
Net change:
 +
*Current Account balances as of 8 December 2019: Westpac: $    CC: $  PayPal: $
 +
*Income: ATO:  $0  , $0  renewals, $ in donations, $  in interest.
 +
*Expenses: 
 +
*Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
 +
;ACTION Financial when Pru and Alex return
 +
 +
*(2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG
 +
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Return_unused_funds_to_WMF
 +
;ACTION: Steve, Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD
 +
 +
====Membership report====
 +
Joining: = 
 +
 +
====Communications report====
 +
*Newsletter
 +
:January due date:
 +
*Survey, WLM, MOU NGA,
 +
*Social media
 +
:Facebook Steve to do weekly
 +
:Twitter Steve to do weekly
 +
:Post an Australian article regularly
 +
:Promoting WMAU Grants
 +
-
 +
 +
====Technical report====
 +
*A number of requests for access to the WMAU Wiki received
 +
:Question about whether users need to be members of WMAU
 +
:What is the process for responding to these?
 +
:Sam or Robert check for legitimate (not spam) requests
 +
:Leave welcome note on page
 +
:User creation log: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Special:Log?type=newusers
 +
;ACTION: Sam set up a Welcome Template. Done: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Template:Welcome
 +
 +
===Activities===
 +
====Local activities====
 +
*ACT: Caddie run NGA Art+Feminism event in March
 +
*QLD: #1Lib1Ref in January at SLQ (Jacinta);
 +
:Project with the digital experience program - Public libraries in QLD using open data from https://data.qld.gov.au/organization/state-library-queensland 
 +
:Libraries in Australia query: https://w.wiki/DXZ
 +
:Libraries in Wikidata: https://w.wiki/4ah - Quick Statements ACTION: Alex to respond to Rachel. Consider unique identifier for libraries
 +
:Dashboard: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Australia/Libraries_in_Australia
 +
:Art+Feminism venue: GoMA, Louise, Jacinta & Kerry Coordinator
 +
*NSW:  TBC
 +
*NT: Art+Feminism Araluen Art Centre
 +
*SA: Pru to confirm Art+Feminism
 +
*TAS: Alysia & Alex coordinator, request application
 +
*VIC: Coordinators, Caroline & Juliette Art+Feminism
 +
*WA: Art+Feminism Facilitators: Gideon & Ingrid. Venue: Waiting for Feb re-opening
 +
 +
====National activities====
 +
Wiki Loves Science -https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Science_Competition_2019_in_Australia
 +
Uploads: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Uploaded_via_Campaign:wsc-au
 +
 +
*Wikipedia Day, 15 January 2020 Community Meeting
 +
:Agenda finalisation
 +
:Personal reports:
 +
:1Lib1Ref - Jacinta
 +
:Caddie - workflow, state and regional lists, questions, promotion for Know My Name
 +
*WikiCite ANZ,  Friday 14 February 2020: Pru
 +
:Application for a WikiCite Satellite event grant (of $1375 USD equivalent) - for an event in association with the VALA 2020 library technology :conference - has been approved.
 +
:Program
 +
:Alex Welcome & history of WikiCite
 +
:Siobhan Leachman: workflows around people authorities, women
 +
:Toby : blurb TBC
 +
:Nicole Kearney:
 +
 +
*Art+Feminism & Know My Name, 7-8 March 2020: Caddie
 +
See above
 +
 +
====Global activities====
 +
*Wikimedia Summit: Alex
 +
:Travel is sorted. Travel insurance quote in vicinity of $100
 +
*Wikimania 2020
 +
;Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of January, with a call for expressions of interest soon after.
 +
If you are applying for Wikimania,
 +
 +
===Other business===
 +
*<mark>REDACTED</mark>
 +
* Notes from December Community Meeting
 +
:ACTION: Pru to make a report from the recording and post on the wiki.
 +
Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2019_in_Australia
 +
;ACTION: Only 5 responses from prizewinners thus far
 +
 +
 +
==Meeting closed==
 +
Closed:  8.31pm
 +
*Next Committee meeting: February: Mon 3 February 2020 (Apology Sam)
 +
*Next Community meeting: Wed 15 January 2020, 19 February 2020

Latest revision as of 14:21, 13 February 2020

WMAU Community Meeting (Nov 2019), 27 November 2019
National
Wikipedia Day 2020, 15 January 2020 →


Event
to (National)
Committee (2020-01-13)

Location: Online

Share link:

Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.


Committee meeting

13 January 2020

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).


Introduction

Date: Monday 13 January 2020
Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm QLD / 7pm AEDT
Meeting channel: https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net

Attendance

Attendees: Pru, Alex, Sam, Caddie
Apologies: Robert (Fire duties), Steve (working away), Jacinta, Matt (travelling)

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meeting:

Moved: Sam
Seconded: Alex
ACTION
Sam: Publish Minutes to Comm and Public

Business arising and actions

ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below

Agenda

Reports

President's report

Survey Drafts - review members’ responses - DEFER
ACTION
Pru to follow up with banner ad - to be continued
Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting

Secretary's report

ACTION: Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password

Correspondence

ACTION
Alex to back up Secretary unanswered correspondence, Pru to back up Treasurer and membership

https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Email_responses

  • Query about DGR status
ACTION: Alex to respond, and include note on https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Donate
  • Katherine Maher: Sending love and care to Australia in time of bushfire
  • Request about joining WikiClub West: Sam and Alex responded

Treasurer's report

No Treasurer’s report Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting: Net change:

  • Current Account balances as of 8 December 2019: Westpac: $ CC: $ PayPal: $
  • Income: ATO: $0 , $0 renewals, $ in donations, $ in interest.
  • Expenses:
  • Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
ACTION Financial when Pru and Alex return
  • (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Return_unused_funds_to_WMF

ACTION
Steve, Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD

Membership report

Joining: =

Communications report

  • Newsletter
January due date:
  • Survey, WLM, MOU NGA,
  • Social media
Facebook Steve to do weekly
Twitter Steve to do weekly
Post an Australian article regularly
Promoting WMAU Grants

-

Technical report

  • A number of requests for access to the WMAU Wiki received
Question about whether users need to be members of WMAU
What is the process for responding to these?
Sam or Robert check for legitimate (not spam) requests
Leave welcome note on page
User creation log: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Special:Log?type=newusers
ACTION
Sam set up a Welcome Template. Done: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Template:Welcome

Activities

Local activities

  • ACT: Caddie run NGA Art+Feminism event in March
  • QLD: #1Lib1Ref in January at SLQ (Jacinta);
Project with the digital experience program - Public libraries in QLD using open data from https://data.qld.gov.au/organization/state-library-queensland
Libraries in Australia query: https://w.wiki/DXZ
Libraries in Wikidata: https://w.wiki/4ah - Quick Statements ACTION: Alex to respond to Rachel. Consider unique identifier for libraries
Dashboard: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Australia/Libraries_in_Australia
Art+Feminism venue: GoMA, Louise, Jacinta & Kerry Coordinator
  • NSW: TBC
  • NT: Art+Feminism Araluen Art Centre
  • SA: Pru to confirm Art+Feminism
  • TAS: Alysia & Alex coordinator, request application
  • VIC: Coordinators, Caroline & Juliette Art+Feminism
  • WA: Art+Feminism Facilitators: Gideon & Ingrid. Venue: Waiting for Feb re-opening

National activities

Wiki Loves Science -https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Science_Competition_2019_in_Australia Uploads: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Uploaded_via_Campaign:wsc-au

  • Wikipedia Day, 15 January 2020 Community Meeting
Agenda finalisation
Personal reports:
1Lib1Ref - Jacinta
Caddie - workflow, state and regional lists, questions, promotion for Know My Name
  • WikiCite ANZ, Friday 14 February 2020: Pru
Application for a WikiCite Satellite event grant (of $1375 USD equivalent) - for an event in association with the VALA 2020 library technology :conference - has been approved.
Program
Alex Welcome & history of WikiCite
Siobhan Leachman: workflows around people authorities, women
Toby : blurb TBC
Nicole Kearney:
  • Art+Feminism & Know My Name, 7-8 March 2020: Caddie

See above

Global activities

  • Wikimedia Summit: Alex
Travel is sorted. Travel insurance quote in vicinity of $100
  • Wikimania 2020
Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of January, with a call for expressions of interest soon after.

If you are applying for Wikimania,

Other business

  • REDACTED
  • Notes from December Community Meeting
ACTION: Pru to make a report from the recording and post on the wiki.

Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2019_in_Australia

ACTION
Only 5 responses from prizewinners thus far


Meeting closed

Closed: 8.31pm

  • Next Committee meeting: February: Mon 3 February 2020 (Apology Sam)
  • Next Community meeting: Wed 15 January 2020, 19 February 2020