Meeting: Committee (2021-07-19)
|Line 236:||Line 236:|
Revision as of 06:01, 15 October 2021
Location: Online (Zoom)
Share link: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:Committee_(2021-07-19) – or download calendar item (.ics)
14 July 2021
8 August 2021
19 July 2021
This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).
- Date: Monday 19 July 2021
- Time / time zone: 5pm AWST / 7pm AEST
- Meeting channel: Zoom
- Attendees: Sam, Tom, Alex, Amanda (and Caddie)
- Apologies: Pru
- Leave of absence: Jacinta
- Absent: Steven
Minutes of previous meeting:
- Monday 21 June 2021 Meeting:Committee_(2021-06-21)
- That the minutes of the 21 June 2021 meeting be accepted.
- Moved: Alex
- Seconded: Sam
Matters for decision
- ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below
Decision Register - Sam
Sam Wilson has developed an automated decision register to use (instead of a shared Google Sheets document). It would require a change to these agenda minutes in order to automatically update the decision register (Sam to demonstrate).
MOTION: That WMAU adopt the new automated decision register Moved: Sam Seconded: Alex Accepted
New Website skin - Sam and Caddie
In order to modernise the WMAU website, Sam and Caddie have been developing a new skin for the WMAU website. It is ready for public launch. (Sam to demonstrate). Content redevelopment is still underway. phab:T283304.
Communications Plan Amendments - Caddie
Last committee meeting Tom requested the development of a Crisis Communications Plan. It has now been drafted as an appendix of the current communications plan. Kerry Raymond has also recommended two changes to our communications strategy drafted here (see comments): The inclusion of business cards for committee and/or facilitator upon request Profiles of facilitators on the WMAU website.
Moved: [[User:|]]; seconded: [[User:|]]; outcome: deferred for new committee
APG Final Report - Pru and Caddie
A draft for the 2020-21 Simple APG final report due on 30 July has been drafted at the following link. Pru will update the financial details.
Financial Approvals - Pru
Key Matters for Discussion
Branding Suite - Caddie
Ramen has provided a number of options for a letterhead/report template and logo suite. Recommended changes made via email include: Adopt the official brand colours (and update brand guidelines) Ask about colour bar with printing on report cover Powerpoint presentation: remove copyright on introduction slide Final contact slide for presentation Report title page - option A Date only, not “created by” Change copyright acknowledgment to CC BY-SA Use circle but not full text logo on internal report pages Report title page: Author in green add digital location on title page add digital location and CC BY-SA
Committee transition - Tom
- Notifications - needed for officer change details - CAV/Banks/etc
Motions for Noting
- Email determinations currently recorded on Google Drive and in Decision Register:
Preference not to use Google for recording information. Rather to create a table on the minutes document and on Wikimedia.au for Actions and Decisions. If they come from an email the decision will be recorded on the table and in the minutes.
Pending actions from previous meeting
ACTION DONE - Published to Comm Wiki and Public website
- AGM ACTIONS
- Sunday 24 July 2021 - Nominations Open for committee members.
- Saturday 31 July 2021 11:59pm AEST - Nominations close (10pm AWST, 11:30pm ACST).
Community Support and Outreach Coordinator report
Wiki Loves Earth Press Release:
- Social media report
Twitter: June - 27 tweets / 5415 profile visits / 41.9K impressions / 28 mentions / 20 new followers May - 64 tweets / 5415 profile visits / 92.1K impressions / 51 mentions / 33 new followers April - 33 tweets / 4270 profile visits / 27.1K impressions / 54 mentions / 35 new followers
Facebook: June - 11 posts / 786 reach / 45 engagements / 36 post clicks / no new followers May - 10 posts / 1060 reach / 35 engagements / 36 post clicks / -1 new followers April - 22 posts / 129 engagements / 87 post clicks / 2179 reach / 5 new followers
- Meetings summary
July Community Meeting Annette - City of Sydney Mike Dickison- GLAM Modules Patrick Moriarty - Strategic Planning Weekly meetings - James Gaunt
- Wikimania WMAU affiliate session proposal
Session submitted and accepted Presentation 7.00-8.30am UTC (5.00 - 6.30pm AEST) Monday 16 August UWA Archaeology project (Sven Ouzman, Emily Grey, Emilie Dotte, Leia Corrie) Census updates (Alex Lum) Lessons from Wiki Loves Earth (Margaret Donald) (Nathan Sentance & Kirsten Thorpe) - Caddie to approach this week
Feedback and then submit
- Movement Strategy
- Global Conversations meetings
- Movement Strategy Implementation Grants
- Two June Global Conversations planned: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_Strategy/Events
- June 12/13: Movement Charter Global Conversation
- June 26/27: Global Conversations event for prioritized initiatives
- Meeting, Sat 17 July (Etherpad notes)
- Community and affiliate elected Board seats election
- Call for election volunteers: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Election_Volunteers
- Knowledge Equity Fund: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Equity_Fund
- Reports from funded projects
- Coordinator WA Universities: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Coordination_of_projects_in_WA_universities Report due mid June.
- Curtin University, Noongarpedia videos: Report due mid June
- Australian National University edit-a-thon proposal - Caddie to respond
- Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting
Profit & Loss Statement 21 June - 18 July 2021
- Current Account balances as of 18 July 2021
**Westpac: $ 139,590.52 **CC: $ 3,905.04 ** PayPal: $ 551.59
- Income: $76,343.58 Simple APG 2021-22; $535.10 in donations, $27.23 memberships
- Expenses $27.61 website hosting, $12.62 Bank fees (international transfer) $8.57 Paypal fees, $553.27 Accounting costs, $3000 GLAM online modules; $1800 Internship development
- Simple APG 2021-22 Granted and signed 21 June 2021 AUD$86,355.23 less underspend 2020-21
- Membership report
In this period: 1 renewed, 1 unsubscribed (no reason given), 3 new members (NSW x 2, NT) Concerning: 20 outstanding membership renewals to be followed up
- phab:T283304 Release new WMAU skin to all users
- phab:T284896 Add 'link' param to Template:PAGEBANNER to change target
- phab:T210363 Remove spam from noongarwp wiki
- Does anyone care about this? Do we want to keep these two wikis?
- phab:T285172 Allow wiki files to be used as menu icons
- Might move WMAU website to the Australian data centre, might not be much difference but may be a bit quicker.
- Brand Network - Alex
Brand project has been shelved, and will be replaced by a community-based model. Details to follow.
- SWAN (Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network)
- Etherpad notes from June meeting:
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/SWAN_2021_06_meeting_1 Next meeting: TBD (July)
- WIkiCite / Wikibase / Koha connections - possible area of investigation for major project/partnership with Catalyst and NZ User Group
- Pru to initiate meeting
- Noongarpedia: Nyungar spoken words on video
- Wikidata and GLAMs outreach proposal progress update
Draft Matrix, Candidate Collection Preparation Checklists and Wikidata value proposition documents published as Wikidata: Engagement with Australian GLAMs
- Pru to ask Rebecca to present on the project and meeting at a Community meeting.
- History of Paralympics Project
- Pru to follow up with Tony and get Tony to present - Still in progress
- Open Access Australasia - join Alliance to reach a broader audience. DONE
- Trove infrastructure
- ACTION Pru
- Invite a Trove rep to speak at a Community meeting about Trove API, Australian Library Gateway and/or Partner IDs Wikidata project
- Australian Women’s Register
Presentation at November Community meeting - Report required ACTION: https://mix-n-match.toolforge.org/#/catalog/534
- Safe Spaces Policy Review
UCoC policy has been approved by the WMF Board of Trustees, currently in Phase 2 - community conversations and approval.https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Universal_Code_of_Conduct
- Watching brief to review this when the WMF Global Code of Conduct is determined.
- Outreach to Public Relations Institute of Australia - raised at Community meeting
To increase understanding in the sector about Wikipedia’s policies Summarise COI rules and user name policy - ‘handy hints to preserve your reputation’ Is this a top 3 problem for us in Australian content? What positive message/advice can we give?
- Steve will look at drafting this and Caddie will review - not urgent
- Survey - review members’ responses
Consider focus groups also - especially for new/inactive members.
- Next committee to follow up and organise banner ad
- legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page: Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
Meeting close: 9pm AEST
- AGM: Sun 8 August 2021 5pm (AEST)
- Wikimania: 13-17 August 2021 https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania
- Next Community meeting: Wed 8 September 2021, 7pm (AEST)
- Next Committee meeting AGM: Mon 16 August 2021, 7pm (AEST)