The Wikimedia Australia board will be in Melbourne on 5-6 January for a board meeting on the Saturday 5 January, and a public meeting on Sunday 6 January at 10am, Melbourne time. Remote participation from other parts of Australia will be catered for. (facebook event)
The purpose of the meeting is to revise the wmau:2013 Annual Plan, given the unsuccessful outcome of FDC Round 1, to be available for approval by WMAU membership in February as agreed at the Meeting:2012 AGM.
We'll also be:
- Preparing any WMF Grant program requests,
- Planning for our FDC round 2 application, and
- Developing an operational plan for non-WMF revenue streams.
w:La Trobe University has kindly provided us with a free venue at their Melbourne CBD campus for both Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
The board meeting is on 5 January. All members of the board will be present.
The public meeting is on 6 January.
In Melbourne there will be limited seats; probably about 15 seats (in addition to the board members), but we've yet to confirm that number. The meeting will start at approximately 10am, Melbourne time (subject to change).
Our public meetings are also held on IRC channel #wikimedia-au for remote participation. We can also use Google Hangout and Skype to connect remote people.
We may also use teleconferencing if another venue has enough people to justify the call costs.
The morning will be more general discussion and the afternoon dedicated to new projects.
- 10-10:30 - welcome & agenda discussion
- 10:30-11:30 - Review of board day - questions
- 11:30-12:30 - High level discussions
New project ideas
- 1:30 - Welcome & new project ideas
- 2:00-3:30 - Project discussions [no video]
- 3:30-4:00 - Summary
Add yourself below if you are interested in attending in person.
- Brian Salter-Duke, but I will not be there at 10.00 am and shoul;d get there later in the morning.
- Chris Watkins
- Lyle Allan
- Pru Mitchell