Support Wikimedia Australia by becoming a member today! Membership is $40/year ($20/year concession). Benefits include:
- voting rights
- officialwiki editing rights
- the chance to steer Wikimedia Australia's direction and influence the chapter-selected WMF Board seats
- probable future discounts, and
- warm fuzzies.
How to become a member of Wikimedia Australia
- Fill out and submit the registration form at the Member Database. Be sure all the submitted information is correct.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the subject 'Application for Wikimedia Australia Membership' asking you to confirm your email address by clicking a link.
- After you confirm your email address, your application is then sent to the committee for approval. (This should normally take around three working days.)
- If your application is approved, you will get an email with the subject "New Wikimedia Australia Membership Status: Pending - Pending". This email contains information about how you pay your membership fees at the relative rates - ($40/year, $20/year concession).
- Once the secretary confirms that your payment has been received, your new membership status will be "Member - Ordinary Member". You will receive a confirmation email to inform you of the status change. The secretary will automatically add you to the members mailing list unless you request otherwise. The email address you provided will be the primary method of contact regarding all Wikimedia Australia meetings and other events, unless you inform the secretary otherwise.
At this time, the available payment methods are listed below. Further payment types may be added at a later stage.
- Direct Deposit (highly preferred)
- Cheque or Money Order
(If you pay via international tranfer, our SWIFT Code is BENDAU3B. Please add AU$2 for the bank fee.)
If at any time you have problems or you want to ask about the progress/status of your application, please contact the secretary by email - firstname.lastname@example.org.