Note: Please don't wikify as this is designed to essentially be copy and paste-able as it is intended to be used as a handout offline at conferences etc. If copying to Word etc, don't forget to format headings.
Membership of Wikimedia Australia
Wikimedia Australia, Inc.® is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, whose primary aim is to promote equality of opportunity to access and participate in the collaborative creation of Free Cultural Works especially educational works, and works about Australia, its culture, natural environment, and Australian news and media. Wikimedia Australia is recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation as an official chapter and as such will offer members an official voice in the global Wikimedia community.
Support Wikimedia Australia by becoming a member today! Membership is $20/year ($10/year concession). To become a member of Wikimedia Australia, simply follow the instructions at http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Membership or complete the following information and return it with your cheque or money order to:
Wikimedia Australia, PO Box 2062, Burwood VIC 3125 Australia
Membership Conditions and Responsibilities
- In the interest of being a transparent and open organisation, a list of first and last names of members will be made public. By becoming a member, you agree to have this information made public.
- Your email address will be used as the method to contact you unless you specifically notify the secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). (You can do this after completing the signup process.)
- In the event of your admission as a member, you agree to be bound by the rules of the association currently in force (association rules can be viewed here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia/Rules_for_Wikimedia_Australia_Inc).
- For the application to be constitutionally valid, the following process is used:
1. You fill out this form and return it to the secretary. 2. A member of the committee nominates you for membership. 3. Your nomination is accepted. 4. You are notified via email that your nomination has been accepted. 5. You pay your membership fees and become a member.
Phone number (optional):__________________________________
Wikimedia Australia accepts payments by cheque, money order, direct deposit, Paypal and credit card. For more information see: http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Membership.