Revision as of 04:55, 18 May 2009 by Pfctdayelise (start)
This is an overview of some legal/tax concepts that are relevant to Wikimedia Australia (WMAU). Note WMAU is incorporated in Victoria and the comments below may not be relevant to any other organisation (hopefully they are accurate for WMAU!).
Non government organisation (NGO)
Tax deductible donations
- What does it mean?
- Are we eligible? How do we apply?
- What are the costs/benefits to us?
- http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/ - Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)
- http://www.ato.gov.au/nonprofit/ & 1300 130 248 (their non-profit info line)
- http://pilch.org.au/community_org/ - PILCH - a Victorian non-profit that provides free and low cost legal information for not-for-profit community organisations