See here and here for general information about The Powerhouse Museum.
See here for information about the planned "Backstage Pass" event.
The Powerhouse Museum has become involved in free content through the release of many images, via flickr, with no known copyright restrictions. Various wiki editors have incorporated these images into various projects, and WMAU has had some contact with the museum with a view to working together, for example providing reports on image usage which may support momentum for further release of media :-)
This page is intended to centralise information concerning the possible relationships between the museum and the chapter, brainstorming and record keeping.
Current Image Usage
On the English Wikipedia
User:Privatemusings has uploaded several 'sets' of images from Flickr to Wikimedia Commons, and persuaded a friendly bot operator to create this list - comprising the images from two sets. This tool allows any editor to check the usage of images through all Wikimedia projects (you can paste the entire list by selecting 'bulk mode'), and this tool allows any editor to check individual article statistics.
In this initial stage, this manual process is one way of producing reports as to image usage, and traffic on wiki projects - if you have technical expertise and any ideas for the automation of such a process - please do get in touch!
Here are the results of running the list of images through the two tools.
- Art Gallery of New South Wales uses Art_Gallery_of_New_South_Wales_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg - 752 views in December 08, 1096 views in November 08
- Australian Museum uses The_(Australian)_Museum,_College_Street,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Bodalla, New South Wales uses Dairy_herd,_Bodalla_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Bourke, New South Wales uses Camel_caravan_Bourke_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg 848 views in Nov 08
- Burrawang, New South Wales uses Woolsorting_and_classing_at_the_shearing_sheds,_Burrawong,_New_South_Wales_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Central railway station, Sydney uses Approach_to_Central_Railway_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Dorrigo, New South Wales uses A_Dorrigo_homestead_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Electoral district of Wollondilly uses Crossing_Wollondilly_River_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- General Post Office (Sydney) uses 2495796767_b43d64df71_General_Post_Office_Sydney_O.jpg
- George Street, Sydney uses George_Street,_Haymarket,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Harvest uses Harvesting_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Hay uses Building_a_wheatstack_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Hereford (cattle) uses A_stud_Hereford_herd_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- History of Australia uses A_pioneer_settler_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Hyde Park, Sydney uses Hyde_Park,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg , Hyde_Park_shady_walk,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- James Cook uses Statue_of_Captain_Cook,_Hyde_Park,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- King Street, Sydney uses King_Street,_Sydney,_looking_east_from_George_Street_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Martin Place, Sydney uses Martin_Place_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Pitt Street, Sydney uses Pitt_St,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Plough uses Ploughing_match_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg , A_champion_ploughman_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg , Disc_ploughs_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Queen Victoria Building uses Queen_Victorian_Markets_(now_Queen_Victoria_Building),_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Rabbit uses Australian_rabbiter,_NSW_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Ridge and furrow uses Ploughing_match_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Sawmill uses A_sawmill_in_the_interior_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Sheepdog trial uses At_the_drafting_race_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- St. Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney uses Nave,_St._Andrew's_Cathedral,_Sydney,_(Looking_E)_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg , St_Andrew's_Cathedral_and_Town_Hall,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Sydney Town Hall uses St_Andrew's_Cathedral_and_Town_Hall,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- The Rocks, New South Wales uses Princes_St_-_the_first_hotel_on_The_Rocks_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg , Argyle_Cut,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Tram uses Electric_trams,_Brickfield_Hill,_Sydney_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Wool uses Wool_sorting_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Wool bale uses Pressing_wool_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
- Wool classing uses Wool_classing_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
|The above is an extended discussion that has been collapsed for improved usability.
In international Wikipedias
- The Sydney article from the Portuguese Wikipedia uses a Powerhouse Image.
- This article about Bourke from the German Wikipedia uses a Powerhouse Image.