Project and Communications Coordinator
No edit summary
No edit summary
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
'''How to apply'''
'''How to apply'''
Please send your CV and no more than a two-page cover letter indicating your interest in the role and addressing the selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org by '''10 July 2022'''.
Please send your CV and no more than a two-page cover letter indicating your interest in the role and addressing the selection criteria to: email@example.com '''10 July 2022'''.
Revision as of 10:11, 20 June 2022
Reports to: Executive Officer, Wikimedia Australia
Period of Contract: 25 July 2022 – 30 June 2023
Salary: Package approximately AUD$80,000 per annum (inclusive of 10.5% super and on costs)
Time fraction: Full time (1/0) with option for flexibility in negotiation
Location: Negotiable (working remotely)
Must be legally able to work in Australia
Purpose of Role
- Support the delivery of an annual program of events, workshops, meetings and training through proactive relationship building and partnerships
- To provide project management and support, enabling WMAU to grow in scope and capability
- Oversee the delivery of the Communications Strategy to grow the promotion and communications of Wikimedia Australia
- Grow engagement with the Wikimedia Australia committee, staff, members, volunteers and the broader Wikimedia community to deliver the Wikimedia Australia Strategic Plan 2022-2025
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement Wikimedia Australia’s Communications Strategy
- Oversee the management of Wikimedia Australia’s social media channels
- Maintain and develop timely, relevant and informative content for the Wikimedia Australia website
- Produce regular newsletter for members, partners and/or a general mailing list
- Coordinate media opportunities and manage media monitoring and reporting
- Manage Wikimedia Australia’s brand and visual identity, including the design and production of printed materials and merchandise
- Manage general enquiries
- Provide communications support for WMAU and partner events and projects
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of annual events, training and workshops program (including monthly community meetings)
- Initiate and develop new projects and partnerships
- Develop and maintain event and project documentation using shared internal working platforms
- Bring volunteers into potential and existing projects, increasing the engagement
- Follow up with partner organisations and participants after events monitoring retention
- Undertake impact measurement, assessment and evaluation of projects, including collecting feedback from stakeholders and reporting
- Identify and explore opportunities for new projects in alignment with the Wikimedia Australia Content Strategy
- Work autonomously and within a team using shared internal working platforms to achieve project and broader Wikimedia Australia outcomes
- Undertake other administrative and coordination tasks as required.
- Experience using and contributing to Wikimedia platforms or projects
- A qualification in communications, information or project management or other relevant disciplines or experience.
- Experience organising and facilitating events and training
- Commitment to the values and policies of the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Australia
- High level of organisational, time-management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- A broad understanding of different communications channels including social media
- A high degree of flexibility, with the ability to work independently at both a strategic and hands-on level as the organisation requires
How to apply
Please send your CV and no more than a two-page cover letter indicating your interest in the role and addressing the selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 July 2022.