Proposal_talk: Bendigo health information workshops 2013
A few basic questions
Leigh, thanks for putting this idea forward. A couple of quick questions that come to mind:
- I assume that you would be the "trainer" mentioned?
- Can you summarise any relationship you might have with La Trobe University's Faculty of Health Sciences, to make sure there's no improper COI here?
I must confess that $1100 seems a bit steep for a "small Wikipedia editing workshop", but I'm open to being convinced otherwise! Lankiveil 21:19, 6 December 2012 (EST).
A couple of comments
- Overnight in Bendigo is it necessary and the course times 0900 - 16:00 its only 160-170km between campasses Melb-Bendigo, which is less than two hours on the Calder Highway
- IMHO I think including a commons uploading session is too much information in one day especially as the works to be uploaded are more likely made by third parties which can get into some complex licensing, permission issues and if they include people with medical issues personality rights and privacy permissions. I think you be better served focusing solely on editing, sourcing formatting WP articles etc. Gnangarra 17:59, 7 December 2012 (EST)
Are you going to be there anyway?
If the optional extra is a week later, does that imply you are going to be in Bendigo for the whole week? Does that mean you are there on other business anyway? If so, I'd prefer that WMAU not fund travel. PS I'd rather not make you answer such questions in public, this is the kind of thing that could go to a private mailing list. --99of9 14:25, 9 December 2012 (EST)
- genric answrs are ok but I agree individual circumstances ahouldnt be discussed/revealled here Gnangarra 15:06, 9 December 2012 (EST)
A couple of comments
I've got two comments on this proposal:
- It would be helpful if a breakdown of how the $700 trainer travel and $300 catering figures were developed was posted (I presume that the budget figures have been deliberately set at estimates of the highest feasible cost, and the actual expenditure to be reimbursed by WMAU is likely to be somewhat lower). It might be helpful to reference the ATO's travel rates, which are widely used as a benchmark for travel and accommodation expenses, or another set of comparable figures.
- Is January the best time to run this workshop? Given that this is when many people are on leave you might get a better turnout in February or March. Nick-D 17:26, 9 December 2012 (EST)