Difference between revisions of "Strategic Plan 2020"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created from Strategy planning meeting 2019-06-16)
Latest revision as of 00:43, 1 May 2020
Wikimedia Australia's strategic plan focuses on the following key audience segments:
- What: Inform on activities, opportunities, major updates
- Why: Be more informed, more active, create more capacity, build sense of community. Increased networking opportunities
- How: Newsletter, mailing lists (email), public meetings,social media, on-wiki (e.g. WMAU wiki)
- What: Similar to Members & our existence!
- Why: Increased awareness of organisation and activities, encourage membership, create knowledge equity
- How: Geonotices/banners, public meetings
- What: Branding, recognition, skill sets, help build their capacity, provide connection to community
- Why: Amplify our work and ability to get things done, increase impact, access to their stuff!
- How: Partnerships page on public wiki, case studies, support attendance to conferences.
Australian community (general public/media)
- What: Create awareness of WP and dispel myths, who to contact
- Why: Donations & philanthropy (raise money), create awareness of how it works and what we do as a community, create contributors, educate them, advocacy
- How: Media outreach
Regional community (ESEAP)
- What: Mutual knowledge exchange, create regional partnerships, regional knowledge equity,
- Why: facilitate openness among region, create equity of knowledge
- How: Become active and sustained member of ESEAP, regular intra-community reporting, shared access to regional events
- What: Improve funding, better connection to movement, influence outcomes and raise awareness.
- Why: build capacity, develop relationships, create impact, improve our standing and awareness in the movement, contribute to the strategic direction of the movement.
- How: Sending to and presenting at conferences, social media, virtual meetings, volunteering for global initiatives.