Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Identify the activities by which WMAU might support the WMF Strategic Plan by editing /WMF Strategic Plan: Fit to WMAU (end of May)
- Assess resources (money, skills, member enthusiasm) required to each item (how feasible is it given WMAU's likely resources)
- Assess how long it is likely to take
- Assess the likely impact of the activity if successful
- Assess the probability of success of each activity
- Identify some key performance indicators (KPIs) for the activity—preferably easy-to-measure ones
- Assess WMAU member interest in these activities
- Priorities into the activities that WMAU will focus on, the activities we would support but not focus on, and everything else that is worthwhile—but not where we will invest our resources. Prioritisation is the hard step and, in a volunteer organisation, the willingness of a number of members to say "Yes, I really am committed to this one" is probably the key driver. No matter how important or worthwhile an activity is, it will go nowhere without people to drive it.
- Develop KPI targets for the priority activities
- Make rough budget allocations to the priority activities (say 60% of budget as large contributions to a few priority projects, 20% of budget as small contributions to a larger set of "supportable" projects that WMA members want to pursue, 10% reserved for exciting opportunities that are not foreseen, and 10% for overheads).
- Appoint coordinators for the priority projects, create mailing lists/wiki spaces to support their activities, and get them running
- Monitor projects quarterly (light weight) in terms of activity and progress on KPIs
- Re-assess strategic plan and budget allocations annually