Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (VIC) 2021 March 6, Saturday 10:00AM — Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon — Richmond Library, 415 Church St, Richmond
Help Yarra Libraries and the Women's Art Register close the gender gap.
- (ACT) 2021 March 6, Saturday 11:30AM — Know My Name International Women's Day Edit-a-thon — National Gallery of Australia, Parkes Place, Parkes, Canberra ACT 2600
Just 18% of biographies on Wikipedia are about women. When it comes to women artists and creators, that number is even lower. Wikimedia Australia is partnering with the National Gallery of Australia as part of the Know My Name initiative to enhance understanding and appreciation of work by Australian artists who identify as women. Become part of the Wikipedia community of volunteers who collaboratively create and maintain the world’s largest and most popular research tools. On the weekend of International Women's Day, Wikimedia Australia’s Caddie Brain and the Gallery’s Research Library staff are holding an interactive four-hour workshop where you can learn to edit and make new entries to Wikipedia. You will have the opportunity to create a new page on a selected Australian woman artist. Places are limited so register here: https://knowmyname.nga.gov.au/events/wikipedia-edit-thon/
- (NSW) 2021 March 8, Monday 10:00AM — Write Women — The University of Sydney Old Teachers College Manning Rd Camperdown, NSW
International Women's Day edit-a-thon to #writewomen into Wikipedia
- (National) 2021 March 8, Monday 1:00PM — Women in Earth and Environmental Sciences in Australasia — Online (via Zoom)
Women in Earth and Environmental Sciences in Australasia and the Geological Society of Australia Wikipedia Edit-a-thon to increase the number of Wikipedia pages for notable women in Earth and Environmental Sciences in Australasia.
- (National) 2021 March 10, Wednesday 7:00PM — WMAU Community Meeting (March 2021) — Online
Presenters: Geoff Barker, SLNSW Art Index. Vanj Padilla, WMF ESEAP will update us on the Global Council and regional and thematic hubs. Password sent to the members' mailing list before the event, or contact us. Safe Space Policy applies.
- (VIC) 2021 March 13, Saturday 10:00AM — Australian Women in Religion — Mannix Library, Catholic Theological College 278 Victoria Parade East Melbourne
Come along to an edit-a-thon and write about Australian women in religion.