User: Witty lama/Wikimania report< User:Witty lama
Report on Wikimania 2012
(lists are in chronological order)
- A National GLAM Coordinator - a crucial yet overlooked role (panel discussion participant) (video)
- The Debate: That all Wikimedia projects should have Fair Use, or none of them - debate moderator (no video has been uploaded)
- Building a lasting movement (workshop moderator) (not a recorded session)
Meetings and formal side-events participated in:
- Wikimedia Chapters Association/First meeting as non-voting observer.
- Wikimedia Asia lunch.
- Francophone meetup.
- WCA committees discussion (observer)
Formal GLAM activities attended:
I can't specifically recall which conference sessions I attended - suffice it to say, a lot! I also met up with each of the other Australian attendees at least once each and made sure to liaise with them in case I could make any introductions based on their interests.
I participated in many, many discussions (both during interactive sessions as well as in corridors or over lunch/dinner) - primarily about the future of GLAM and Chapters. I also participated in one recording of a "wikipedia weekly" podcast. Several presentations by others were followups on projects I initiated as GLAM fellow - including "GLAM-Wiki toolset, state of GLAM-wiki in the US, GLAM professionals panel - and as such I participated in the respective Q&A sessions.