- Dr who? Campaign to boost digital profile of Australia's female scientists, Sydney Morning Herald, 27 July 2014
- Wikibomb to boost online role models for women scientists, Life Scientist, 28 July 2014
- Women scientists work to right wrongs with Wikibomb, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Gang-gang: Wikipedia bombers plot to promote women in science, Canberra Times, 14 August 2014
- Online activists use Wikibomb to give greater recognition to work of female scientists on Wikipedia, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Mater Researchers part of Australia’s first Wikibomb, Mater Research, 26 August 2014
- Australian female scientists embrace the Wikibomb, veski, 15 August 2014
- TRI researchers join Australia's first Wikibomb, Translational Research Institute
Wikimedia Australia would love you to join us. Membership is only $20AU a year and will enable you to have a greater impact on the Wikimedia movement in Australia and shape the future of our organisation. All members are encouraged to get involved in many ways.
You may be an active participant on one of the Wikimedia projects, or maybe you'd like to know more about how to get involved in one – whatever your background and experience, we'd love to tell you more about Wikimedia, and 'free culture'.
You can read more about becoming a member, and to sign up, on this page.
Non-members can still request an account to edit this wiki.
Coming events from our calendar:
- (National) 2019 October 28, Monday — WMAU Community Meeting (Oct 2019) — Online
General community meeting. Topics to include: Committee to report on recent weekend workshop; WikiClub activities; Preview of new Trove private beta.
- (WA) 2019 October 31, Thursday — WikiClubWest at Riff (4) — Riff, 45 St Georges Terrace, Perth
A casual gathering to talk about and work on Wikimedia sites (including Wikipedia, Wikidata, and Wikimedia Commons). Everyone is welcome! You don’t have to have any experience; we’ll help you. There is huge scope for a wide range of interests: researchers, photographers, historians, illustrators, data analysts, coders, writers, and anyone else interested in the universe of free knowledge.
Bring a laptop. There’s good wifi, and free tea and coffee available.
- (National) 2019 November 11, Monday — Meeting:Committee (2019-11-11) — Online
Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.
- (NZ) 2019 November 13, Wednesday — FOSS4G Oceania lightning talk 'The World of Wikidata' — No location
WMAU Committee member Alex Lum will present on the topic of Wikidata and its use alongside OpenStreetMap.
- (WA) 2019 November 16, Saturday — Perth Open House 2019 — Perth
Details t.b.a. but we'll probably split up and visit as many places as we can, and meet somewhere together towards the end of each day.
- (NSW) 2019 December 16, Monday — Sydney meetup (December 2019) — State Library of New South Wales
- (International) 2020 August 5, Wednesday — Wikimania 2019 (Bangkok) — Bangkok, Thailand
The annual conference for the global Wikimedia movement.
See also the full calendar, and list of past events.