- Dr who? Campaign to boost digital profile of Australia's female scientists, Sydney Morning Herald, 27 July 2014
- Wikibomb to boost online role models for women scientists, Life Scientist, 28 July 2014
- Women scientists work to right wrongs with Wikibomb, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Gang-gang: Wikipedia bombers plot to promote women in science, Canberra Times, 14 August 2014
- Online activists use Wikibomb to give greater recognition to work of female scientists on Wikipedia, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Mater Researchers part of Australia’s first Wikibomb, Mater Research, 26 August 2014
- Australian female scientists embrace the Wikibomb, veski, 15 August 2014
- TRI researchers join Australia's first Wikibomb, Translational Research Institute
Wikimedia Australia is always seeking new members. Membership is only A$10 a year and allows you to have a greater impact on the Wikimedia movement in Australia and shape the future of our organisation.
You may be an active participant on one of the Wikimedia projects, or maybe you'd like to know more about how to get involved in one – whatever your background or experience, we're here to help.
You can read more about becoming a member, and signing up, on this page.
Non-members can still request an account to edit this wiki.
Coming events from our calendar:
- (WA) 2019 December 12, Thursday — WikiClubWest at Riff (6) — Riff, 45 St Georges Terrace, Perth
A casual gathering to talk about and work on Wikimedia sites (including Wikipedia, Wikidata, and Wikimedia Commons). Everyone is welcome! You don’t have to have any experience; we’ll help you. There is huge scope for a wide range of interests: researchers, photographers, historians, illustrators, data analysts, coders, writers, and anyone else interested in the universe of free knowledge.
Bring a laptop. There’s good wifi, and free tea and coffee available.
- (WA) 2019 December 15, Sunday — WikiClubWest at Cottesloe Civic Centre — Cottesloe Civic Centre
A casual meetup and photowalk, at the Civic Centre and a café nearby.
- (NSW) 2019 December 16, Monday — Sydney meetup (December 2019) — Macquarie Room, State Library of New South Wales
N.B. Please bring your own laptop for some workshopping. We have limited spaces so registration is mandatory.
We are fortunate to have noted Wikimedian Liam Wyatt visiting us from Italy and updates on Wikidata projects from our Sydney members. The State Library of NSW have generously provided a space for us to meet.
Wikicite/GLAM in Europe - Liam Wyatt, Program Manager for WikiCite (recently Europeana GLAMwiki Coordinator)
Wikidata Update - Toby Hudson, University of Sydney
Wikidata Projects - Geoff Barker, State Library of NSW
Wikimedia updates - Matt Moore, Wikimedia Australia
Focus on Australasian Legal Information Institute & State Library of NSW unpublished items
- (VIC) 2019 December 17, Tuesday — Melbourne Meetup 38 — The Moat, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
A general social end-of-year meetup for Wikimedians or anyone interested in finding out more. Talk about plans for 2020, including Art+Feminism and WikiCite
- (National) 2020 January 15, Wednesday — Wikipedia Day 2020 — Everywhere
- (National) 2020 January 15, Wednesday — WMAU Community Meeting (Jan 2020) — Online Community Room
Join the meeting at https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net
The password will be sent to the members' mailing list a few days before the event, or you can RSVP to contact-at-wikimedia.org.au
Report from the committee and 2020 planning
Reports from regional events and activities
What is something new you have learned or would like to learn?
- (International) 2020 August 5, Wednesday — Wikimania 2019 (Bangkok) — Bangkok, Thailand
The annual conference for the global Wikimedia movement.
See also the full calendar, and list of past events.
« See past events