Welcome to the official website of...
"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
—George Washington, 8 January 1790
Wikimedia Australia Inc is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, whose primary aim is to promote equality of opportunity to access and participate in the collaborative creation of Free Cultural Works, especially educational works, and works about Australia, its culture, natural environment, and Australian news and media.
Wikimedia Australia, Inc.® is an approved chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation.
To become a member of Wikimedia Australia, you may visit our membership system sign-up site where you can complete the application before your nomination is accepted by a member of the committee.
Australia on Wikimedia projects
- Dr who? Campaign to boost digital profile of Australia's female scientists, Sydney Morning Herald, 27 July 2014
- Wikibomb to boost online role models for women scientists, Life Scientist, 28 July 2014
- Women scientists work to right wrongs with Wikibomb, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Gang-gang: Wikipedia bombers plot to promote women in science, Canberra Times, 14 August 2014
- Online activists use Wikibomb to give greater recognition to work of female scientists on Wikipedia, ABC News, 14 August 2014
- Mater Researchers part of Australia’s first Wikibomb, Mater Research, 26 August 2014
- Australian female scientists embrace the Wikibomb, veski, 15 August 2014
- TRI researchers join Australia's first Wikibomb, Translational Research Institute