2008-2009 AGM/Minutes< 2008-2009 AGM
Minutes: Brianna 1.05pm
1. Attendance MELB Stephen Bain (RO) Brian Salter-Duke Brianna Laugher (minutes) Michael Billington (oberving) BRISBANE James Recchi Craig Franklin (RO) Lloyd Nguyen Pru Mitchell SYDNEY Angela Beesley Tim Starling Peter Markham (RO) Liam Wyatt Sam Granleese Nick Jenkins IRC Charles Chris Mann Nathan Carter Gideon Digby Mark Hurd Andrew Owens Sarah Ewart Peter Jeremy John Vandenberg
APOLOGIES Chris Sherlock Mark Ryan
JamesR for his wiki work; Computerbank for providing a venue;
Sam Granleese for providing a venue;
Nathan Carter for his work with memberdb for the election;
Thanks to the interim committee (Gideon).
3. Confirm incorp meeting minutes Resolution: That the minutes of the incorporation meeting are accepted. Moved: Stephen Seconded: Tim Starling BRIS All in favour SYD All in favour MELB All in favour IRC Without dissent Abstains: Mark Hurd, Gideon Digby Carried without dissent
4. Receive ctte reports Reports are up to 31 December 2008. Treasurer's report (attached).
Question (Peter Jeremy): What is difference beteen income and expenditure if we have no assets? A (Stephen Bain): Assets in this context refers to only physical assets.
Peter Jeremy: concerned cash in hand is not explicitly stated.
Nathan Carter: concerned that the method of accounting is not stated and not all assets are stated (eg cash, domains).
Brianna Laugher: This is only an interim report, as we are only required to complete a full report at the end of the financial year, ie the next AGM.
?: Concern that current bank balance is not explicitly stated. Stephen: Just as a matter of formatting, as bank balance is able to be determined from provided information.
Gideon Digby: new ctte needs to look at format of reports.
Resolution: That the treasurer's interim report is accepted. Moved: Brian Salter-Duke Seconded: Mark Hurd Vote incomplete
That the treasurer's interim report is accepted with the proviso that the domain name be listed as an asset, and the bank balance at 31/12 is explicitly mentioned, and the accounting method is noted as accrual. Moved: Stephen Bain Seconded: Nathan Carter MELB All in favour IRC All in favour SYD All in favour BRIS All in favour Carried without dissent
Secretary's report (attached). Peter Markham: Who is the member outside Australia? Stephen: Not really sth forthe sec report Gideon: Are there any scheduled events not listed? Brianna: The sec report is not like the monhtly reports, this is just a report to CAV
Resolution: That the secretary's interim report is accepted as is. Moved: Gideon Digby Seconded: Peter Jeremy IRC All in favour MELB All in favour BRIS All in favour SYD All in favour Carried without dissent
5. Election Voting: only skype/present members that haven't yet voted are Tim Starling. Tim voted via Skype
33 members have voted
1. President 1 nomination Winner: Brianna Laugher
2. Vice President 2 nominations: Liam Wyatt, Gideon Digby Winner: Liam Wyatt
3. Secretary 1 nomination Winner: Sarah Ewart
4. Treasurer 1 nomination Winner: Brian Salter-Duke
5. Ordinary Members (2) 3 nominations: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter, Andrew Owens Winners: John Vandenberg, Nathan Carter
Congratulations all round
[Pru from Brisbane left]
Resolution: A vote of thanks to the interim committee, and particular to John Vandenberg who is stepping down as Treasurer. Moved: Brian Salter-Duke Seconded: Andrew Owens BRIS All in favour SYD All in favour MELB Without dissent IRC Without dissent Abstain: Brianna, Stephen, Nathan Carried without dissent
6. Wiki conference discussion Chris Mann: Basically, the consensus from the last IRC meeting was that people do want a conference this year, and have no objections to it being in Canberra. I will start a page on officialwiki to gather details and thoughts, as well as restarting discussion on the mailing lists. Brianna: We could have the AGM there as well. John: an AGM in Canberra sounds good. that puts it between July and Nov as Brian mentioned earlier. Chris: Also, as the only financial Canberran member at the moment, it looks like I'll be heavily involved in the organisation of it no matter what, so I'll do my best to keep things going smoothly. Liam: will it be an internal or public facing conference? Gideon: Both? Chris: That's one of the things I hope to get some member input on. Personally, I'm leaning towards a medium scope (as opposed to a huge Wikimania-like affair).
Generic support from IRC, Brisbane
Thanks to Stephen for acting as chair and RO
Close 2.19pm AEDST