- For a condensed membership page suitable for printing to give out at events, see Membership/handout.
Support Wikimedia Australia by becoming a member today!
Membership is currently A$10 a year for Australians and residents of Pacific islands without an established chapter.
As well as being part of a huge, evolving worldwide movement that is transforming the availability of free knowledge and cultural works, the benefits of becoming a member include:
- voting rights at meetings
- officialwiki editing rights
- access to members-only mailing lists
- the chance to steer Wikimedia Australia's direction and have input to the Wikimedia movement through the chapter-selected trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation board.
How to become a member of Wikimedia Australia
- Fill out and submit the application form. Be sure all of the submitted information is correct.
- You'll receive a confirmation email.
- If your application is approved, you'll receive another email to inform you that the membership dues are pending.
- Once we've received your payment you'll receive a confirmation email to inform you of your current status, and you'll be added to the members mailing list (unless you request otherwise). The email address you provided will be the primary method of contact (unless you request otherwise).
Renewal of membership
Membership renewals are payable in advance on or before 1 July in each year. Got any questions? Please email the treasurer at treasurerwikimedia.org.au. We'd be delighted to help.
How to renew
Simply make a payment with a comment including your name and—if there's room—the word "renewal"; please also email the treasurer (treasurerwikimedia.org.au). You don't need to do anything in memberDB for renewing.
Good news! Members who join and pay a subscription after 1 April in any financial year are regarded as fully paid-up until the end of the following financial year.
At this time, the available payment methods are listed below in order of our preference. Further payment types may be added at a later stage.
- Direct deposit (much preferred)
- Cheque or money order
A direct deposit can be made at any Westpac branch or via internet banking.
Wikimedia Australia's Westpac account details are as follows:
- BSB: 033-341
- Account Number: 594901
- Account name: Wikimedia Australia Incorporated
For a list of Westpac branches please see the locations page of Westpac's website westpac.com.au.
Cheques and money orders
Please send to:
- Wikimedia Australia, Inc.
- PO Box 2062
- Bennettswood VIC 3125
With an accompanying note mentioning your name, email address and the purpose of the payment (e.g. joining, renewing).
If at any time you have problems or you want to ask about the progress/status of your application, please contact the Secretary at secretarywikimedia.org.au.