The Australian Government has announced that it plans to introduce mandatory filtering for Australian ISPs next year. This has proved controversial, and has been reported and debated around the world.
This page is an area for WMAU Members to pool resources, and discuss responses, ideas, and possible ramifications of this legislation.
- Internet censorship plan gets the green light - Sydney Morning Herald, Dec 15 2009
- Net censorship move a smokescreen - Sydney Morning Herald, Dec 16 2009
- Untangling the Net - The Scope of Content Caught by Mandatory Internet Filtering - Catharine Lumby, Lelia Green and John Hartley.
- Computer says no: Google slams filter Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Dec 16 2009
- See our public mailing list