Meeting talk:2012 AGM/Candidates/Charles Gregory< Meeting talk:2012 AGM | Candidates
Hi Charles I've noticed that you have yet to post any statement given that its now 18:00 AEDT and elections open tomorrow I have some questions;
As a current member of the committee;
- Why would the proposed employee be based in Brisbane when the association is incorporate in Victoria given that we have legistaltive reporting requirements there?
- Why was there a need to develop a new COI policy when it was already incorporated into the new rules that were published in April and at a time when the FDC application appears like it should have taken a priority in committee work?
- Why was there delay with FDC application? How does the current board see this as impacting our ability to get funding and our relationship with the Foundation?
- Why was the COI between John and the president of Indonesian chapter not disclosed during the last years AGM vote on WMAU proceeding with the language conference? What steps did you take to ensure that WMAU was not being compromised by its involvement in a situation that has the appearance of a COI? How does this COI impact any ongoing planning for the Indonesian language conference?
- Do you believe that this years committee communicated in a fast and effective manner? What are some examples of the board not responding quickly and effectively this term and how will you address those if elected in the next term?
- What actions did you take address concerns raised about the inadequacies of last years AGM? What have been the problems so far in this election cycle and do you feel the board prepared adequately for these election?
- Why given the issues raised about commincation for the AGM has the committee not made arrangements for each city to have a venue available for members to join the AGM more effectively?
- So you believe that the committee complied with the rules in the matter of removing Anne from the secretaries position?
- What effort did you personally make to contact Anne
- Are you currently holding all the records as required of the Secretary of the Association
- do you have any future plans that will make you unavaiable for an extended period of time, especially during September October 2013?
Thanks Gideon Gnangarra 18:35, 15 November 2012 (EST)
- Thanks for the questions Gideon - I will get around to answering these in detail tonight! -- Chuq 14:29, 16 November 2012 (EST)