Strategic Planning/Examination of SOPs for WMAU
Examination of Standard Operating Procedures for WMAu
The objective of this wiki page is to capture the idea of the desirability of producing procedures for the administration of a web based organisation, Wikimedia Australia, as part of a strategic planning exercise.
This wiki page considers the examination of the day to day running of Wikimedia Australia as an appropriate analysis for a strategic plan. This page is properly read in conjunction with other documents on the wiki page "Strategic Planning", subheading 'Ideas', which directs the reading as follows:
The 'WMF Strategic Plan' represents the core function of the Wikimedia movement. It can therefore either be tailored to suit WMAu, or be adopted by WMAu in its entirety thus representing a universal core value. If it is adopted in its entirety the subcommittee needs to develop a plan consistent with the unique needs of the WMAu Chapter, and also incorporate in the document strategic statements that are sufficiently inclusive in outreach to nation neighbours and communities in the southern hemisphere. And the strategic plan should encompass notions of best practice and continuous improvement.
The 'WMF Strategic Plan' is dynamic in that all Chapters can use it as a model. However, any quality WMAu strategic plan should examine the particular standard operating procedures required for running the organisation. The Chapter is young and processes and guidelines are yet to be refined and developed.
Management operating procedures are considered integral to a WMAu strategic plan
- Develop SOPs for the management of the organisation.
- on developing the processes enabling the creation of workable procedures;
- procedural education and policy to foster best practice in the administration of WMAu;
- to establish the development and management of guidelines, proforme and codes of practice for the efficient administration of WMAu SOPs.
- Committee and Office Bearers - functions and responsibilities encompassing the key dates in the Chapter's organisational calendar;
- Meetings - agenda and minutes;
- Subcommittees - requirements for operating a subcommittee;
tools - emails (handling practices and classification);giving visibility to discussion on an ongoing basis; and progressive mapping of email-discussion to topics.
- Workshops - training needs;
- Codes of Practice
- Policy Development - operationalise policy; and develop terms of reference.
WMAU Strategic Plan - approved proposal
The following document 'Proposal : Strategic Plan Proposal' was unanimously approved by the WMAu committee on 2011-05-02.
Proposal : Strategic Plan Proposal From Wikimedia Australia