GLAM learning modules
Wikipedia and Wikidata GLAM Professional Learning Modules
Wikimedia Australia (WMAU) has a long history of working with GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums) professionals and audiences. Primarily these projects have focused on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons although there is growing interest in Wikidata projects as well. WMAU wants to build on those existing relationships to grow literacy, diversity of uptake and participation on these platforms.
On a backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, WMAU had been adapting to online and hybrid delivery models for training. This is providing an opportunity to reach organisations across Australia that we previously couldn’t. Therefore WMAU are creating a suite of training resources to offer online introductory training and awareness sessions for a wide range of GLAM organisations.
We are seeking an experienced content developer to develop the content for a suite of learning modules for delivery by WMAU and its partners. We will then identify suitable institutions to approach and test the learning modules in an iterative way.
- Expressions of interest due Friday 18 June 2021
- Project scoping and requirements Monday 28 June - 2 July 2021
- Delivery of content modules 30 July 2021
- One round of iterations/feedback from WMAU 6 August 2021
- Project completion 13 August 2021
- Series of 4 one hour online professional learning modules that provide an introduction to
- Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata for GLAM staff
- Learning outcomes, session outlines and learning review tasks
- Accompanying slide decks, presenter scripts and materials
- Resources for participants
- Australasian case studies
- Activities involving Australasian content
- Learning review tasks
- Testing of materials and resources with at least one external GLAM partner with WMAU
- Experience and editing history across Wikipedia, Commons and Wikidata platforms
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training or educational content
- Demonstrated experience in content development in a variety of formats (e.g. web, PDF, presentation slides) - e.g. instructional design, technical writing, content marketing.
- GLAM sector experience
- Knowledge of open data and access principles
Total fee available for this project (incl. GST) is AUD$3,000.
By midnight AEST Friday 18 June 2021, submit an expression of interest via email to the contact below with the subject line ”GLAM Modules EOI”. Please include:
- A CV
- A sample work product
- Contact details (email & telephone) for one referee
- Your business details
We may arrange an interview based on the number of applicants. Agreement signed and project commences 14 June 2021.
Project to be completed by 13 August 2021.
Community Support and Outreach Coordinator
T. 0411 158 729