Meeting: 2022 AGM/Minutes< Meeting:2022 AGM
Date: Sunday 7 August 2022
Time / time zone: 3pm AWST / 4.30 ACST / 5pm AEST
Meeting channel: Zoom
Chair: Alex Lum
Attendees: Pru Mitchell, Alex Lum, Brian Salter-Duke, Bunty Avieson, Amanda Lawrence, Ann Reynolds, Tom Hogarth, Kelly Tall, Jeremy Ludlow, Maia Williams, Margaret and Caddie Brain
Apologies: Peter Neish, Caroline Williams
Minutes tabled from 2021 meeting: https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:2021_AGM/Minutes
Motion: That the minutes from the 2021 AGM be accepted. Moved: Amanda Lawrence Seconded: Pru Mitchell Accepted (carried without dissent)
2022 President's Report
- Recommencement of in-person activities at this stage of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Wikimedia Strategic Plan 2022-25
- Simple APG Report 2022-23
- Programming highlights: Wikidata Fellowships, Census Data Integration Tool,
- ESEAP Growth - Conference 2022 and Wikimania 2023 both to be held in ESEAP region
- Sincere thanks to our staff Caddie Brain and James Gaunt
- Sincere thanks to our members for all their participation across all our activities
- Currently 68 members (3 additional members on 2021)
2022 Treasurer's report
- $401,708 profit
- Main areas of expenditure - community support, staffing (contractors under consulting cost centre) and outreach activities
Motion: That the President and Treasurer’s reports be accepted.
Moved: Alex Lum
Seconded: Amanda Lawrence
Accepted (carried without dissent)
Nominations for the 2022-2023 committee presented:
|Vice President||Bunty Avieson|
|General Member||Tom Hogarth|
|General Member||Jeremy Ludlow|
|General Member||Peter Neish|
|General Member||Kelly Tall|
Incoming President's Welcome
- Thank you to the former Executive, particularly to Alex Lum as President and Pru Mitchell for their incredible hard work, to Tom Hogarth as Vice President and to Paige Wright, Sam Wilson and Michael Barritt for their work on the 2021-2022 Committee as general members.
- Thank you and Congratulations to the new Executive, welcome to Bunty Avieson for her appointment as Vice President and to Alex Lum and Pru Mitchell for their ongoing contribution. Particular thanks to Sam Wilson for his role in technical support and for ongoing support in this area.
- Thank you and welcome to new members who have joined: Jeremy Ludlow (WA), Peter Neish (Vic) and Kelly Tall (NSW). It is wonderful to have you on board. All participants introduced themselves.
- The Wikimedia Australia Strategic Plan 2022-25 will guide our work over the next year
- There will also be a strong focus on ESEAP activities, particularly the ESEAP Conference 2022 in Sydney in November, and Wikimania 2023 in Singapore. We look forward to an exciting year ahead.
Meeting closed: Sunday 7 August, 5.44pm AEST