Meeting:Committee (2014-02-23)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Sunday 23 February 2013, 16:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 4.21pm

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Steven Zhang (President), Gideon Digby (Vice President), Andrew Owens (Secretary), Michael Billington (Treasurer), Robert, Charles, Pru
  • Observers:
  • Apologies: Craig Franklin (observer), Kerry Raymond (observer)
  • Absent: none

Minutes

Discussion of minutes from the previous meeting.

Motion
That the Minutes of the January committee meeting be accepted.
  • Moved: Steven
  • Seconded: Charles
  • Carried without dissent

Action items

  • Business cards - continuing item - should be done by March meeting.
  • Bank signatories - Steve to follow up with Craig (Done - all forms have now been signed, and now just awaiting final processing from bank)

Reports

Finance report

  • Current position (in cash): $80,405.57 (Xero reports $81,316.07: See File:2014-02 Wikimedia Australia Inc. - Cash Summary.pdf).
    • Xero has the PayPal balance at $1586.55, but this is incorrect (actual balance is $676.05). There has only been a few small transactions in the past few months, so there is either an error some months back, or this is because transactions before 1 Oct 2011 aren't recorded in Xero. Michael is working on reconciling this before next meeting.

Agenda

Annual plan

Discussion as to how to get this going. Volunteer Support Program (formerly small grants) was discussed - committee agreed to draft a standard letter to send to recipients, including a 30-day reporting timeframe (more if needed depending on measurables). VSP page needs to be modified to reflect this. Reporting to WMF.

Travel policy

Brief discussion on policy and changes to make. To be voted on at the next committee meeting.

Bank signatories

Still being followed up on. (Forms to add Steve on have been signed, completed and returned and should be finalised shortly)

Wikipedia Workshop Melbourne 8/9 March (UQ linkage grant)

Following Steven's meeting with the other participants, at which they were given our letter, we are no longer financially committed to the project. We are however looking to support in whatever ways we can - we have been asked to help with a workshop in Melbourne on 8-9 March. Two members can be at each of the days.

General business

QR code proposal [1]

Discussion about the merits of the proposal, with a suggestion to add clearer measures of success for WMF reporting purposes. To be worked on before a formal vote.

Toodyaypedia funding request
Motion
That the committee approve Gnangarra's request for up to $200 under the Volunteer Support Programme, to be made available as a reimbursement upon receipt by the Treasurer, for a bus trip on Saturday 8 March 2014 for a number of Wikimedians to build Toodyaypedia.
  • Moved: Steven
  • Seconded: Pru
  • Abstain: Gideon, Andrew
  • Carried without dissent
Toby's funding request (camera equipment program)

The committee discussed the $500 Small Equipment funding request from Toby Hudson as part of the Camera Equipment Program. It discussed the criteria required for an applicant to be eligible, and felt that the program was too complex and put up unnecessary barriers for potential applicants. It decided that the 3 month usage requirement for the images taken under the Kickstart and Small Equipment criteria be removed, as long as the images were reasonably usable.

Motion
That the Committee amends Camera Equipment Program to remove the requirement for the Kickstart and Small Equipment grant for three months' use, and to insert the words "reasonably usable" at the discretion of the committee.
  • Moved: Steven
  • Seconded: Michael
  • Abstain: Robert
  • Carried without dissent
Motion
That the Committee approves up to $500 to Toby Hudson per the terms of the Camera Equipment Program, as above amended. A report as per the requirements of the program is to be provided within three months.
  • Moved: Steven
  • Seconded: Robert
  • Carried without dissent
ACTION: All to amend the Camera Equipment Program page on WMAU wiki to reflect the change in process
ACTION: Michael to notify Toby of result.
Chapter board seats

The request to sign the Wikimedia Board of Trustees' appointment process was discussed. Result was that Andrew is to sign Wikimedia Australia on the Committee's behalf with a note attached: "although detail of process appears excessive".

Wikimedia Chapters Association

A brief discussion occurred regarding the Wikimedia Chapters Association. While it has largely been dormant since Wikimania Hong Kong, it was felt that by continuing to be a member it could carry some negative connotations. It was decided that Wikimedia Australia would leave the WCA.

Motion
That the Committee resolves for Wikimedia Australia to leave the Wikimedia Chapters Association, effective as of 23 February 2014.
  • Moved: Steven
  • Seconded: Robert
  • Carried without dissent

The meeting was closed at 6.42pm.