Wikimedia Australia's volunteers have given many presentations on Wikimedia and Wikipedia-related subjects to a wide range of groups and organisations. We have volunteers around the country and overseas who are available to give presentations and provide Wikimedia training programs. If you would like to ask Wikimedia Australia to arrange a volunteer to give a presentation or provide training, please email contactwikimedia.org.au with a brief outline of your needs.
This is a small collection of slides and other presentation-related media written and presented by Wikimedia Australia's volunteers and supporters. It is not a complete list but merely provides examples of presentations.
- Wikimedia editing for academics Presented by Thomas Shafee at 2018 Research Support Day (a VALA satellite meeting)
- Introduction to Wikidata and GLAM Presented by Andy Mabbett (Video of presentation)
- Using Wikimedia projects for Chemistry, Education, Australia, #FakeNews Presentation by Dr Toby Hudson, University of Sydney
- Australasian Research Management Society Conference 'theme leader' presentation Presented by Andy Mabbett
- slides Wikipedia Loves Archives: Archives Should Love Wikipedia, Too Closing keynote by Andy Mabbett at the 2018 Australia Society of Archivists Conference
- Overview of Wikidata and Wikipedia Presented by Pru Mitchell, Analysis & Policy Observatory 2018 Forum
- Brick By Brick - Libraries and Wikimedia building on each other Wikimania 2017 presentation by Kerry Raymond.
- "Everything you wanted to know about Wikimedia but were too afraid to ask", Jennifer Riggs, Chief Program Officer, Wikimedia Foundation, GLAM-Wiki Keynote presentation.
- "GlamWiki - An education view", Pru Mitchell, Senior Education Officer, Education.au, Wikimedia Australia member.
- "Wikimedia Tech infrastructure", Brianna Laugher, Wikimedia Australia.
- "Wikim/pedia data sources the MediaWiki API", Brianna Laugher, Wikimedia Australia.
- "Safe Wiki teaching responsible use of Wikipedia Brianna Laugher, Wikimedia Australia, ACEC 2008.
- "Who's behind Wikipedia", Brianna Laugher, Wikimedia Australia, 2008 Linux.conf.au conference.
- "From Sausages to Freedom", Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia Australia
- "Everything you wanted to know about Wikipedia but were too afraid to ask", Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia Australia.
- "Wikipedia Museum and Access to Art", Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia Australia
- "Wikipedia and the cultural sector", Liam Wyatt, Wikimedia Australia, Indianapolis, 2010.
- "Is mass collaboration all it’s cracked up to be?", Brianna Laugher, National Library of Australia’s Innovative Ideas Forum, 2010.
- "Wikipedia in the Classroom", Craig Franklin, Redcliffe State High School, 12 April 2010. See also Wikimedia in the Classroom.
This is a collection of Wikimedia-related material suitable for using in training programs.
- MediaWiki Reference Card - a one-page reference card which provides a summary of key MediaWiki editing commands and syntax.
- English Cheatsheet - an introductory cheat-sheet containing basic formatting and syntax commands.
- English Wikipedia leaflet- Introductory Wikipedia leaflet.
- Wikipedia advert - "You can Help! We're building the largest encyclopedia in history and giving it away for free."
- Shortcuts - a list of key English Wikipedia shortcuts.
- Think Free posters.
- Wikinews Australia pamphlet.
- Wikiversity poster