Resolution:Proposed changes to the Association Rules
The committee will propose members support the following changes to the rules.
The committee proposes the Association's Rules are changed as follows:
- Replace 23 (2) by: A candidate may nominate for one only of the offices and/or as an ordinary member of the committee, but may only be elected to one position.
- Add at the end of 23(6): save that the ballot will be conducted in the order of offices as specified in 21(1) followed by the ordinary members of the committee, with any successful candidate for an office withdrawing, if nominated, from the ballot for ordinary membership of the committee.
- Support: Brian (moved), Sarah (seconded)
The committee also proposes proposes the Association's Rules are changed as follows:
- Add a new clause 4(13): Corporations and other bodies may become affiliates of the association by resolution of the management committee. Affiliates will pay such fees as determined by the management committee. Affiliates may send representatives as observers to General Meetings but they can not vote.
- Support: Brian (moved), Steve (seconded)
3 July 2010