Meeting:2011 AGM/Candidates/Jutta von Dincklage< Meeting:2011 AGM | Candidates
My name is Jutta (please listen to the Finnish pronunciation), I have lived in Sydney for the last six years and grew up on this property located in the north-west of Germany.
I have always worked in and been passionate about projects, that are aimed to make information and knowledge freely available to people, so it was only a matter of time until I would stumble across Wikimedia projects and the concepts of free knowledge and culture.
This finally happened in 2010, when I started to work at Cancer Council Australia where I currently lead the development of a wiki platform for clinical practice guideline development. I met quite a few Australian Wikimedians at the RCC in Canberra and the rest is history.
Since then, I have
- organised the RCCx in Sydney,
- participated in Sydney-based Women4Wikipedia events,
- organised and participated in the strategic development workshop in Sydney,
- went to Wikimania 2011 in Israel,
- supported Liam at the ABC meeting as well as John and Leigh at TINA2011
apart from following and participating in the discussions on various wikimedia-related lists.
I am committed to support Wikimedia Australia and its mission in whatever way I can and I would like to thank everyone that nominated me as an ordinary member.
What I can bring to the table is the following:
- excellent organisational skills (I would say, this is an inherent trait)
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills (also inherent, but I do have a Masters in Communications)
- experience in professionalising a volunteer-driven non-for-profit organisation (Mindd Foundation 2005-2007)
- experience working with large non-for-profit and educational organisations (I currently work for Cancer Council Australia and have worked at the University of Sydney)
- ability to see the bigger picture and consider multiple points of views, not only my own
- driver, enabler and supporter
- time, motivation and passion to dedicate to a worthwhile cause