Meeting:Committee (2021-03-15)

Revision as of 09:07, 20 May 2021 by Samwilson (talk | contribs) (copied from commwiki)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Event
View all events
to (National)
Committee (2021-03-15)

Location: Online

Share link: – or download calendar item (.ics)

Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.


WMAU Community Meeting (March 2021), 10 March 2021
National
Planning meeting 2021, 30 March 2021 →


15 February 2021
Committee meeting

15 March 2021

14 April 2021

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).


Introduction

Date: Monday 15 March 2021
Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 6pm Brisbane / 7pm Canberra, Melbourne
Meeting channel: https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net

Attendance

Attendees: Alex, Amanda, Caddie, Pru, Sam
Apologies: Tom (may be late)
Leave of absence: Jacinta
Absent:

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meeting:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PZVBEl4qH4O-jO-curGR4HgpMczqxDACeS1rSNzmqls/edit

  • That the minutes of the 15 February 2021 meeting be accepted.
Moved: Pru
Seconded: Alex
ACTION (Steve)
Publish to Comm Wiki and Public website

-Passed without dissent

Business arising and actions

ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below

AGENDA

Reports

President's report

Movement Strategy
Global Conversations meetings

ESEAP well represented at the Global Conversation meetings

Wikipedia 20 birthday Events
  • ACTION: keep an eye on this page for events during 2020

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_20_events_in_Oceania

PROGRAM SUGGESTIONS FOR ONGOING ACTIVITY
    • Profiles suggestion: Compile the invitation list for event and possibly profiles/updates on where they are now and add to WMAU website
    • Prepare a retrospective slides/presentation and history of WMAU
    • Media/promotion: history of WMAU and achievements - media release and interviews
    • Cake
    • Social media content
    • Commissioning Australian/Nyungar images images for Wikipedia 20
Board Governance Feedback

Vanj Padilla (Communication Facilitator, Board Governance, ESEAP) Keen to meet with various stakeholders, but missed the community meeting. Feedback closes today. Comment on the talk page if able to.

Meetings
  • WMF Grants Officer Veronica Thamaini,

Sent through request for approval of spending proposal. Waiting to hear back from her. Need to report back on next few months until 30 June 2021 on what we will do. Proposal for a position of around 4 months to End of June at around 2 days/week. Online role What roles are most helpful to the Community in Australia Support and resource materials development Documenting and maintaining networks with regional and topical groups/subcommunities Campaign management Organisational infrastructure ie improve website Stories and communications around participation Admin support for committee Asia/Pacific Regional outreach Subject or regional foci - possibly not national or ‘universal’ Prioritising activities Set up Participation engagement and follow up database MOTION: That Wikimedia Australia develop a 15 hour a week position of Outreach and Community Support Coordinator for the pilot period to 30 June 2021 for a contractor (up to total of $10,000) subject to approval of WMF grants team. Outcomes Collate details of the attendees, donors and partners of the past two years, and re-connect... Audit the community communication channels and website content Research and create stories of community activities for use on social media, in reports … Develop and facilitate at least one national online training event or outreach conference for wider Australian - and produce documentation in the process of planning for the event ACTIONS: Role statement finalised: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ow3y59ZlptvaRX9L7y6bqNwjZjdBsvr9qDAfDK4m1b0/edit Budget and communications finalised Action: Pru and Alex to take proposal to WMF by Mon 22 Feb 2021 - Done Action: Send to Community mailing list when approved

Secretary's report

Community meeting notes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hR7U5kOZhloku5oZjpgHiJIpKNcTb85nvGtslxKKY64/edit

  • 9 December 2020
  • ACTION: Steve to publish on meetings page
  • ACTION: Sam to list community meetings on the Meetings page.
Proposals
  • Indigenous place names

ACTION: Caddie to draft a proposal, e.g. for paid project manager. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-11/australia-post-agrees-to-include-traditional-place-names-on-mail/12872484

  • WIkipedia and Honours Kelly Tall, UTS - update and report

https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Australian_Honours_%26_Wikipedia_project Report completed at: https://kellytall.github.io/wikiHonours

  • Coordinator WA Universities

https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Coordination_of_projects_in_WA_universities Awaiting report due mid June.

  • WikiScholar program

Kerrie Burn, Visiting Scholar program with University of Divinity to support Women in Religion https://wikiedu.org/visitingscholars https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUPzrWVyB32LwPzZukPm4LmFdAgB_3EjKJu-aAIhkJo/edit#heading=h.4feqpdqzs3dy

Had a meeting 15 Feb 2021 with Sydney Uni. Bunty very interested. Action: Amanda, Pru, Alex, Caddie, Kerrie,?Bunty Develop proposal further, and set up a couple of pilots

  • Registration for website editing was disabled due to spam, but submitting proposals on the WMAU wiki requires login.

Action: Sam to look at options for reducing spam, possibly re-opening registration

AGM 2020 minutes

ACTION: Steve - follow up with Robert and post draft minutes of AGM to https://wikimedia.org.au/w/index.php?title=Meeting:2020_AGM/Minutes

Accounts and passwords

ACTION: Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password (ongoing) https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Accounts - Ongoing. Paypal is an issue

Correspondence

Previous correspondence actions ACTION: Alex will communicate with the Australian Digital Alliance about possible advice and potential membership - Done. Seb Chan, ACMI - re-opening to the public from Thu 11 Feb 2021, keen to work together ACTION: Plan for an edit-a-thon for Australian film or new exhibitions

Treasurer's report

Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting

Profit & Loss Statement 14 Feb 2021 - 14 March 2021

  • Current Account balances as of 14 March 2021
    • Westpac: $ 86,105.26
    • CC: $431.19
    • PayPal: $ 1,710.01
  • Income: $490.00 in donations, $0 in interest $0 memberships
  • Expenses $26.60 website, $47.27 Xero, $4.87 paypal fees,

$325 NSW IWD catering (approved via email: Sam, Alex, Amanda, Caddie, Pru) $207.27 ACT Know My Name catering & travel (approved via email: Tom, Steve, Pru) Payments to approve: $43.21 reimbursement for VIC Women in Religion catering (approved via email: 8/3/2021: Alex, Tom, Pru, Caddie) $156.31 reimbursement for VIC Art+Feminism catering


  • BAS due 2 March 2021 still outstanding - waiting on advice re credited invoices from previous period which are resulting in BAS not being accepted

Moved: Caddie Seconded: Alex

ACTION
Pru needs password for PayPal to transfer to Westpac
  • Simple APG 2021-22

1 - 15 April 2021: Window for discussing and preparing proposal documents Sat 1 May 2021: Deadline for submitting grant proposals.

Member enquiry re Renewal price for existing members is $10 - can we change this to $9.95? - Completed for 2021 onwards

Moved: Seconded:

Communications report

Newsletter https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PMxkr-XBTA1kc38Na83-kmz1GrFIgWiwZQf_DG_3gXc/edit Due date for content: March 2021 ACTION: Alex and Caddie to produce Media Social media Facebook Committee to do weekly Twitter Committee to do weekly Post an Australian article regularly

  • WMF DIFF Blog

Heather Ford pitch UTS project to the WMF blog https://diff.wikimedia.org/about - which category to put this

Technical report

If anyone has any requests for the WMAU wikis, tell Sam. T262775 Install MinervaNeue and MobileFrontend on all WMAU wikis T210363 Remove spam from noongarwp wiki Todo: Add ‘short description’ field to events, so existing description can be longer and more detailed. Todo: Add instructions to subscribe to WMAU calendar https://wikimedia.org.au/events.ics T277436 WMAU wiki: re-enable user registrations, with captcha Might move WMAU website to the Australian data centre, might not be much difference but may be a bit quicker Training Request for committee training/instructions on setting up events and events pages

Activities

Global activities

  • Brand Network - Alex

ESEAP has recently completed its election process and elected Rachmat Wahidi as its representative as an advisor on the Brand Committee. Details of the recent process is published here https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Movement_Brand_Project_Ad_Hoc_Advisory_Committee_Representative_Election_Process_for_ESEAP.pdf

  • SWAN (Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network)

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Wikimedia_Affiliates_Network Next meeting: 21 March 2021

  • WIkiCite / Wikibase / Koha connections - possible area of investigation for major project/partnership with Catalyst and NZ User Group

ACTION: Pru to initiate meeting

National activities

  • Noongarpedia: Nyungar spoken words on video


Wikidata and GLAMs outreach proposal progress update

Draft Matrix, Candidate Collection Preparation Checklists and Wikidata value proposition documents published as Wikidata: Engagement with Australian GLAMs ACTION: Pru to ask Rebecca to present on the project and meeting at a COmmunity meeting. History of Paralympics Project Paralympics editathon in Sydney ACTION: Pru to follow up with Tony and get Tony to present - Still in progress It would be good to reach a broader audience. Can we piggyback on other organisations to seed presentations on our project? ACTION: Amanda to contact some possible organisations about our capabilities relative to similar projects as Wiki Scholar and other relevant topics/issues


Trove infrastructure

ACTION Pru: Invite a Trove rep to speak at a Community meeting about Trove API, Australian Library Gateway and/or Partner IDs Wikidata project

Australian Women’s Register

Presentation at November Community meeting - Report required ACTION: https://mix-n-match.toolforge.org/#/catalog/534

  • Know my Name

ACTION: Pru and Caddie: update and Facebook group management NGA - report from Caddie about future online event Art+Feminism theme for Vic & ACT Sat 6 March - Report from Caroline due end March Uni Sydney Mon - Report from Bunty due end March WOMESA online edit-a-thon - Report from Caddie

  • Wiki Visiting Scholar program

ACTION: Pru & Amanda to prepare proposal for committee

Local activities

https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/University_of_Divinity/Australian_Women_in_Religion_Wikipedia_Project_(2020-2025) IP block affecting everyone: Error - You are currently unable to edit Wikipedia due to a block affecting your IP address. This does not affect your ability to read Wikipedia pages.

  • WA: Meetups held - 2021-2022 plan being discussed and developed internally so far

ONGOING ITEMS/ACTIONS

Safe Spaces Policy Review

UCoC policy has been approved by the WMF Board of Trustees, currently in Phase 2 - community conversations and approval.https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Universal_Code_of_Conduct ACTION: Watching brief to review this when the WMF Global Code of Conduct is determined.

Outreach to Public Relations Institute of Australia - raised at Community meeting

To increase understanding in the sector about Wikipedia’s policies Summarise COI rules and user name policy - ‘handy hints to preserve your reputation’ Is this a top 3 problem for us in Australian content? What positive message/advice can we give? ACTION: Steve will look at drafting this and Caddie will review - not urgent

Survey - review members’ responses - recommend merging questions

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fFtNrY0PJz0JGdLt5lgonjQ5XnhTBO06N70ejfrrBhc/edit ACTION: Pru to follow up with banner ad - Not done yet, but we’ll get to it.

Partnerships

ACTION: legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page: Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Partnerships

Meeting closed at 8.28 pm

  • Next Community meeting: Wed 14 April 2021 7pm (AEDT)
  • Next Committee meeting: Mon 19 April 7pm (AEDT)

FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

  • Indigenous architecture/Country meeting sponsored by Parlour - invitations to follow
Discuss this page