Support Wikimedia Australia by becoming a member today!
Membership is currently AUD$9.95 for 12 months and is open for Australians and residents of Pacific islands without an established chapter.
As well as being part of a huge, evolving worldwide movement that is transforming the availability of free knowledge and cultural works, the benefits of becoming a member include:
- Voting rights at meetings
- Access to members-only mailing list
- Fortnightly members-only newsletter from Wikimedia Australia
- Contribute to Wikimedia Australia's direction and have input to the Wikimedia movement through the chapter-selected trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation board.
How to become a member of Wikimedia Australia
- Fill out and submit the application form. Be sure all of the submitted information is correct.
- You'll receive a confirmation email.
- If your application is approved you'll receive an email with payment details.
- Once payment is received you'll be added to the members mailing list (unless you request otherwise).
Membership renewals are payable every 12 months from the date you become a member. You will receive email reminders that your membership renewal and payment is due.
Got any questions? Please email the treasurer at treasurerwikimedia.org.au.
Payments can be made by direct bank transfer. Please include your name and—if there's room—the word "renewal"; please also email the treasurer (treasurerwikimedia.org.au).
A direct deposit can be made at any Westpac branch or via internet banking.
Wikimedia Australia's Westpac account details are as follows:
BSB: 033-341 Account Number: 594901 Account name: Wikimedia Australia Incorporated
If at any time you have problems or you want to ask about the progress/status of your application, please contact the Secretary at secretarywikimedia.org.au.
More ways to support Wikimedia Australia and stay in touch
You can donate to Wikimedia Australia to support our mission. Find out how to donate, and more about our mission, on the Donate page.
Wikimedia Australia also have a monthly general mailing list, and regularly post on social media. Find out how you can subscribe here.