Talk:2014 Annual Plan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A few comments from Nick-D
This looks pretty good to me, and seems quite realistic. I have the following comments and suggestions:
- Should "Grants: $10,000 (to cover Wiki loves...my town and QR codes)" be listed as expenditure instead of income? If it's income, could you please provide some background on what this involves?
- What will the $2,500 in funding for possible state coordinators cover? It's noted here that the coordinators will also be able to use the VSP and meetup program as sources of funding. Is this intended to cover their travel costs or something? I'd suggest including something specific in the plan or a relevant link given that this is the kind of thing the WMF worries about and the community has become sensitive to in recent months (though the amount of money in question here obviously isn't terribly large)
- It would be good to explicitly link the two Improve Quality programs with the "Increase reach; increase participation" programs - I don't think that there's much awareness among Australian Wikipedia/Commons contributors that WMAU can help fund research projects and support photography. A program to raise awareness of WMAU might be a good idea!
- I have to say that I'm a bit concerned that this plan doesn't include an emphasis on preparing for a grant application from the WMF. The organisation's finances are obviously fine to support this year's planned (and modest) expenditure and probably a similar level of activity next year as well, but am I right in thinking that it's been a few years since WMAU received a significant inflow of funds?
- On that topic, is there also scope for people to propose good ideas which, if approved, would receive funding after the plan is adopted? If so, should an explicit provision (and possibly a "bucket" of funds) be identified for this in the plan? Nick-D (talk) 21:35, 30 March 2014 (EST)