Meeting:Committee (2014-09-28)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Sunday 28 September 2014, 17:30 AEST
  • Meeting opened 17:50

Attendance

  • Attendance Steve, Gideon, Andrew, Michael, Pru, Charles,
  • Apologies: Robert
  • Absences: Observers

Minutes

  • Discussion of minutes from the previous meeting. (28 August; 24 August was passed at that meeting.)

Motion: That the Minutes of the 25 May and 28 August meetings be accepted.

  • Moved: Steve
  • Seconded: Pru

Carried without dissent

  • Arrow green.svg Action:: Andrew to check all minutes from May 2014 are correct in Wiki format, then ratified by committee

Actions items from last meeting

Public liability insurance - Steve will continue to try AON.

Reports

Finance report

Current position (in cash), is $75,375. See File:2014-08_Wikimedia_Australia_Inc._-_Cash_Summary.pdf for details. Invoices have now been issued for the three joining members (not yet paid up). Bank move is in-progress, waiting on some paperwork (see action items above). Some reimbursements pending, including ALIA conference accomodation, and Toby's camera equipment grant. BAS lodging online has removed the need to work with paper forms, July-Sept BAS will be lodged soon. Andrew's administrator AUSkey has been registered as a second point of contact.

  • Arrow green.svg Action:: Steve to post Westpac form through to Mike.

Membership report

Action item for new committee is to consider issues of promotion of membership Consider free membership that does not expire (as per Linux Australia) Consider supporter category as well as paying members

Correspondence report

Steve will add and deal with correspondence from potential donor

Agenda - decisions

Agenda - discussion

  • AGM organisation
    • Steve to contact Telstra Digital Inclusion about possible free teleconferencing
    • Pru to circulate Redbank teleconference details for AGM, and training date for 11am Mon 29 Sep
    • Andrew to complete Minutes of 2013 AGM from IRC log

ALIA conference - report

ALIA workshops

    • Discussion about whether to put in a request to Wikimedia shop manager or acquire locally
    • Andrew will research WMau pens and come back to the committee with quote for 1000 pens
  • Thanking outgoing members

Steve formally thanked Robert for his work on WMau committee

  • General Business
    • Banners
      • Victoria banner is with Pru
      • WA - Michael purchase and send to Gideon
      • SA - purchase and send to Adam, UniSA City West campus - then ask him to send to Charles, Tas
      • NSW - purchase and send to Gillian White
      • QLD - purchase and send to Kerry Raymond
    • At $99.00 x 4 = $396.00
    • ACTION: Andrew to send addresses through to Mike (Xero may be old), Mike to order banners and let them know they're in the post.
    • The $99 orders are above the "free postage" theshold.

Motion: Approval of $500 for Michael to purchase banners from Officeworks, to be reimbursed upon presentation of recipts to the committee.

    Second: Gideon
    Support: Andrew
    Abstain: Mike
    Carried without dissent.

For next term: Access to CiviCRM for treasurer, Xero for committee to do expense claims.


Meeting closed at 19:26