Meeting:Committee (2014-11-09)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Sunday 9 November 2014, 16:00 AEDST
  • Start: 16:21 AEDST; 13:21 AWST (West Coast)

Note: This meeting was originally scheduled for 2 November but was postponed due to lack of quorum.

Attendance

  • Attendance: Craig, Kerry, Steven, Pru, Charles, Andrew (from approx 4:10 AEST)
  • Apologies: Michael, Gideon
  • Absences

Minutes

  • Minutes not being available for previous meeting there was discussion on this issue.
  • Etherpad is part of the strategy to ensure meeting record is available - especially action items
  • Action: Pru to research administrative support service on hourly basis - agenda item for Face to Face meeting
  • Action: Steve to discuss prompt publication of formal minutes with Secretary

Actions items from last meeting

Reports

Finance report

  • Position (in cash): $74,366, up to September 30.
  • Our 1st Quarter Business Activity Statement is being lodged, and we can expect a $230.00 refund.
  • Invoice sent for one uncontested membership application (Mai Tran) since last meeting.
  • Expense claims coming in for-
    • Face-to-face meetings
    • The current line-up of workshops and presentations.
    • Banners (me).
  • Looking forward to invoices for business cards and tele-conferencing (Charles, Pru).
  • Redbank teleconferencing invoice for AGM: Invoice Number 9900282103114 $115.60 - Action: Treasurer to pay this
  • Bank forms with Steve still at this stage. - sent on to MB for review

Membership report

  • Letters to the members noted as paid have been sent out

Action: Charles will set up Idea scale for members to contribute to agenda for face to face meeting, then send a message to member list to invite responses/discussion

Agenda - discussion

Update on ALIA sessions and progress of them
  • http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Past_events
  • Add numbers for each session
  • Report on each session - what type of template
  • Need to adjust workshops for audience, eg professional/academic audience 'get' citation. Some community groups have participants who lack computer skills
  • Steve reported on success of using Visual Editor with the Neuroscience Wikibomb
  • ACTION: Presenters to upload slide sets to Wikimedia Australia site
Planning for face to face meeting
  • Craig has advised he will be an apology for the weekend
  • Logistics:
    • Flights: need to know the final arrangements people have made in order to book accommodation
      • Charles - arr Sat am 8.15am, out Sunday evening
      • Kerry - fly in Friday, out Sunday evening
      • Gideon - fly in Friday, out Monday? TBC
      • Andrew - fly in Thursday, out Tuesday (seeing friends either side)
    • Accommodation:
      • ACTION:Kerry to confirm arrangements for everyone, as she will be one of the first people arriving.
      • Kerry to book accommodation and be reimbursed

Edit Training/Workshops

  • Edit camp, Canberra
  • An event that SZ did (Wikibomb?)
  • Golf sessions (Brisbane and Oakey)
  • Local history (Oakey)

Kerry to present to Mt Gravatt photo club regarding Commons

Meeting closed 5.21pm