Meeting:Committee (2018-07-23)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search


Committee meeting

23 July 2018

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).


  • Date: Monday 23 July 2018 @ 16:11
  • Time / time zone: 4.00pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6.00pm VIC/NSW
  • Meeting channel: Skype
  • Attendees: Pru, Steve, Caddie, Gideon, Robert(can hear, cant talk using chat)
  • Apologies: Sam, Tom,

Minutes of previous meeting

Business arising and actions

APG

Grant Report format and pages in CommWiki & information from Michael B on configuration of comm.wiki (Sam and Tom)

Sam still continuing to communicate with Michael, and will start to set up templates as possible, and as needed

Discussion via email on reporting for APG, including events

Wikimania 2017 report public version (Tom)

ESEAP conference 2018 reports (Robert & Tom) https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/User:Robert/ESEAP2018 - to complete

REPORTS

President's report

Planning 2018-19 https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/2018_Annual_Plan

Metrics

Participants

People who attend your events, programs or activities, either in person or virtually. Does not include people organizing activities, social media followers, donors, or others not participating directly.

50 community support program: July:3 Melb; 8 WA

250 outreach program: August/Sep: WA, Workshops during conferences

Newly registered

Participants that create new accounts on a Wikimedia project, including users who register up to two weeks before the start of the event.

10 community support program

100 outreach program - Sep:Workshops during conferences

Content pages

An article on Wikipedia, an item on Wikidata, a content page on Wikisource, an entry on Wiktionary, and a media file on Commons, etc. Total number of content pages created or improved across all Wikimedia projects.

250 community support program

100 outreach program

Reach

Media stories on Australian Wikimedia activity, engagements on mailing lists and social media

3 community support program: https://www.facebook.com/groups/eseapquokka/

3 outreach program

Partnerships

The number of partnerships developed, including invitations to present at third party events, conferences, workshops 2 community support program: York & MoP 2 outreach program: ANU

  • Chairperson’s Summit question re Nov 2018 meeting
  • Robert reports end of November in Prague
  • ACTION: Update WMAU Safe Spaces Policy - working with children requirements - to do

Secretary's report

  • Action: Update procedures re changing committee in light of new CAV policy
  • https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Committee_members_handbook
  • Policies to draft
  • Explanation of email motions to comm wiki (Tom)
  • Leave of absence - missing meetings - policy and process
  • Records management processes and backups - (Tom, Sam, Pru)
  • Communicating major events and notices to membership and community
  • Inward correspondence and documentation of outcomes https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Incoming_mail
  • Partnerships and related organisations, reciprocal membership
  • Recovering parts of rules and regs from some years ago https://wikimedia.org.au/w/index.php?title=Rules&action=history
  • ACTION: Steve, Gideon and Caddie to review these and knock over any that are quick wins
  • Correspondence report
  • CAV Annual statement notification due 31.12.2018- Noted
  • Interpretation Australia conference and awards - To note. No action required
  • ANU request for edit training / workshop support

Treasurer's report

AGENDA

Local activities

  • NT
  • WA: Meetup monthly meetup with Robert attending
  • VIC
  • NSW(ACT)
  • QLD

National activities

OTHER BUSINESS

None.

Close