- Date: Monday 5 August 2018
- Time / time zone: 4.00pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6.00pm VIC/NSW
- Meeting channel: Skype
- Attendees: Pru, Gideon, Robert, Sam.
- Apologies: Caddie, Tom.
- 1 Minutes of previous meeting
- 2 REPORTS
- 3 AGENDA
- 4 OTHER BUSINESS
- 5 Close
Minutes of previous meeting
Previous meeting: Meeting:Committee (2018-07-23. Accepted.
Business arising and actions
- Grant Report format and pages in CommWiki & information from Michael B on configuration of comm.wiki (Sam and Tom)
- Discussion via email on reporting for APG, including events
- Wikimania 2017 report public version (Tom)
- ESEAP conference 2018 reports (Robert & Tom) https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/User:Robert/ESEAP2018 - to complete
- Planning 2018-19 https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/2018_Annual_Plan
- ACTION: Update WMAU Safe Spaces Policy - working with children requirements - to do
- PROCEDURE: WMAU Committee Minutes will be copied from Google Doc to comm wiki AND to public wiki following their ratification at the next committee meeting.
- remove comm.wik and google doc links before making public
- ACTION: Secretary
- Action: Update procedures re changing committee in light of new CAV policy
- Policies to draft
- Explanation of email motions to comm wiki (Tom)
- Leave of absence - missing meetings - policy and process
- Records management processes and backups - (Tom, Sam, Pru)
- Communicating major events and notices to membership and community
- Inward correspondence and documentation of outcomes https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Incoming_mail
- Partnerships and related organisations, reciprocal membership
- Recovering parts of rules and regs from some years ago https://wikimedia.org.au/w/index.php?title=Rules&action=history
- ACTION: Steve, Gideon and Caddie to review these and knock over any that are quick wins
- ARM Conference information (Pru has completed this and forwarded to Andy for registration)
- ACTION: Gideon to check booth arrangements for ASA conference
- Held over for next meeting.
- Account balances:
- APG tracking:
- ACTION: Remove the names of previous account holders from Wikimedia Australia, Inc Westpac account
- ACTION: Organise additional card with Westpac
- ISSUE: Another recurrence of the Paypal being used to test stolen credit cards. Involves refunding. May need to shut down the Paypal account.
- There are 8 outstanding renewals as at today. Pru to follow up personally
- Recording the death of two Wikimedia Australia in the past 12 months
- Membership recruitment strategies
- postcards - with Wiki Loves Earth photos - price with other providers (500 cards) $1000
- MOTION: That WMAU expend up to $1000 2018-19 on membership postcards for use in recruitment
- Move: Gideon
- Seconded: Pru
- Passed ACTION: Pru to draft for 31 August edit-a-thon
- Membership form draft:
- ACTION: Pru to start email conversation
Communications report (Caddie)
- Newsletter August 2018 https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Publications#Newsletters
- ACTION: As soon as event registration links are live, newsletter should go out.
- This month in GLAM https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/Newsroom due 8 August
- WLE 2018 winners -- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2018_in_Australia#2018_Winners
- Thanks to Gideon for doing this month’s entry
Technical report (Sam)
- Phabricator board https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikimedia_australia/ current tasks:
- T199606: Create system to track event data
- T189178: Remove unused email accounts
- T185976: Upload dump of public wiki to Internet Archive
- T185880: Close WordPress site blog.wikimedia.org.au
- T142071: Disable Forward to non-WMF sites in interwiki data
- T137984: Determine total number of external links in all Wikipedias
- T189432: Thumbnails broken for local uploads
- Indicating reported events
- ACTION: Email conversation
- WordPress comment spam - Being received from the blog. Sam’s turned off comments on all posts.
- ACTION: Sam will close blog now and set up redirects. Being tracked in T185880.
- Discussion on where to keep the committee archive files. Google Team drive quota of 30GB. Prefer to use Comm.wiki file storage. T189178
- WA: Meetup on mapping Australian roads
- City of Canning community outreach team (Gideon)
- Similar to Toodyay. Reports on events as they get underway.
- Next meetup is this weekend.
- VIC: Edit-a-thon Uni Melbourne Friday 31 August
- NSW: Possible meetup in Sydney within the next three weeks, to open a discussion on EN Wiki. Will advice comm for publishing on social media. (Robert)
- Advertise a meetup for after Andy’s visit
- 2018 WikiTour
- Spreadsheet (Redacted)
- ACTION: Wikimania materials: A4 handouts, stickers
- ACTION: Robert to get a quote on Wikidata stickers
- GLAM Peak 2018 follow up
- ACTION: Reports https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Activity_reports
- ACTION: Record prospects and activities on comm
- TROVE Consultative Group (Pru) - categorisation card sort
- ESEAP 2019 (Gideon)
- Still getting quotes
- Wiki Loves Earth (Gideon)
- Judging: Vet each photo according
- Copy from previous year
- $100 x 10 winners - 1 previous year winner with 2
- ACTION: Gideon to contact winners with email address and physical address
- ACTION: Pru to organise prizes
- ACTION: Feature the photos over the next few weeks on social media
- ACTION: Consider mapping the winners - send the newsletter to the media outlets
- Wikimania 2018 (Robert)
- Strategy meetings dominated: Chairpersons, Affiliates and General working groups process meeting. Concerns over lack of diversity is a barrier. Relying on those not on the working groups making responses on wiki.
- WikiConference will be smaller, and be re-named. One delegate per affiliate. Needs a process for User Group delegate nominations. Ten special delegates based on presentations and themes. Concern from chairpersons meeting about the need for delivery of Board training.
- Very busy conference. Three Australians attended.
- Pre-conference was productive regarding ESEAP, funding. Funds for late 2019 conferences due around March 2018. Meetup considered 150 as size for ESEAP.
- Proposed Chairs meeting (Pru)
- Waiting to see the date in November
Meeting closed: Next meeting: Monday 20 August 2018