Strategic Planning/SWOT analysis< Strategic Planning
Revision as of 02:09, 16 July 2011 by Juttavd
SWOT analysis 2011
This is a work in progress document started by User:Juttavd as part of the strategic planning process.
- Tech savvy membership across a broad range of competencies esp. OSS.
- Members with important other positions contacts, involvement.
- Positive financial balance.
- Good contacts with allied orgs. in cultural institutions
- Geographically diverse [also a negative].
- Public awareness of WP, great goodwill.
- English language community
- Poor links to some states, especially brisbane which has enough people, but not much relationship with the committee.
- Not much money (?)
- Geographically diverse [also a positive]
- No dedicated tech person (committee position)
- Lack of public awareness of Chapter
- No experience in fundraising
- Poor allies in media.
- Grants - WMF and other.
- Media [also threat]
- Merchandise - esp. licensing of english logos/marks.
- Nearby countries/languages - Indo., N.Z., PNG,
- Gov't policy changes (good or bad) such as Internet filter = positive attention to us [also threat]
- Members not renewing.
- States feeling left out - factionalising?
- Tech infrastructure failing (hosting
- Legal - suing for libel etc.
- Copyright lobby
- Media [also opportunity]
- Gov't policy changes.
Please go to Retreat_March_2009/SWOT to see what was identified in 2009.