|Wikimedia Australia Inc.|
|Sunday 24 August 2014, 17:30 AEST|
- Attendance: Steve Zhang, Michael Billington, Gideon Digby, Charles Gregory, Pru Mitchell, Robert Myers, Andrew Owens (arrived 19:45 AEST)
- Apologies: Andrew
Pru departed 19:12 AEST, still quorate with 5 of 7 present
Meeting opened 17:32 AEST
The etherpad record contains the record of the July 27 2014 meeting. Action: Michael to wikify and copy to Meeting:Committee_(2014-07-27)
- The July minutes be accepted
Actions items from last meeting:27 July 2014
Better bank resolution.
Progress had been delayed because of the issue about getting a copy of our incorporation certificate and the bank report. Michael has purchased our Incorporation certificate from CAV, as per the July meeting.
Mike reported issues with mail-based delivery of forms. Proposes moving to online lodgement to avoid admin costs around missing paper forms, and improve transition when committee positions change.
Question for Andrew: Do we have login to update ABR
- That WMAU Treasurer Michael Billington and WMAU Secretary Andrew Owens be authorised to create an AusKey login for the purpose of completing our BAS returns online
- Position at 31 July 2014: $77,208.
Change of Bank. The recommendation is that WMAU bank account move to Westpac as they have an appropriate account (Community Solutions) for not for profit. Benefits include internet banking and cards.
- Bank Resolution 1
- The committee resolves that the Treasurer (Michael Billington) and President (Steve Zhang) are authorised to open an account for Wikimedia Australia at Westpac. They will both be signatories to this account, and be given online banking access, with the treasurer being issued with a debit card for use on behalf of the association. The committee authorises reasonable costs involved in setting up and maintaining the account, including internet banking and debit card fees if applicable.
- Steve, Mike
- Charles, Robert
- Bank Resolution 2
- Once an account has been opened with Westpac, the secretary (Andrew Owens) and one other member of the committee (Gideon Digby) will be added as signatories. Both of these signatories will be given online banking access. The secretary will be issued with a debit card, which he is authorised to use by resolution of the committee. The committee authorises reasonable costs involved in setting up access to the account for these individuals, including the costs of internet banking and debit card fees if applicable.
- Charles, Robert, Steve
Discussion of Meeting:Committee_(2014-08-24)/Agenda#Finance_report, including annual financial statements and related processes.
- Report on Wikimania attendance by Gideon.
- Not discussed due to time constraints.
- AGM date and date at which unpaid members are deemed resigned
- Tentative AGM date 5 October 2014 - email resolution to follow
- Payment of public liability insurance.
- That Craig Franklin is authorised to use his Wikimedia Australia debit card to pay for public liability insurance, up to a maximum of $850.
- Michael, Robert, Charles
- ALIA training progress
- WM AU new banner design
- "WikiBomb" event thank you Email to Brian Duke for bringing it to our attention
- ATO online access for Michael via an AusKey (requires authorisation) - dealt with in Business arising
- Possible trademark issue to pass to the foundation -- http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=62850997541
- Referred to WMF legal team.
- Noongar Wikipedia -- Perth Meetup 23 - August
- Discussed, Andrew and Gideon continuing work on this.
Meeting closed 20:01 AEST